Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

HVAC cables relocate

asterix_the_gaul

Had a crack at doing the hvac relocate this morning but it's got me stumped I think I will have to take out the lower cage entirely? The various guides have glossed over rerouting the cables or not pictured it, has anyone seen a really comprehensive photo guide not lost to photobucket or a you tube video ideally?

I found that bit quite easy. What's your actual problem?

Yes this is what all the guides seem to say...
Getting the cables and plugs down- they won't fit anywhere: some guides say disassemble the side carpet bit and the heater trunking, but unclear which side as it was a US car, others have said it just pops down the back. Certainly won't in mine So I take out the whole lower plastic cage ?

Take the side leather trim and carpeted trim off the passenger side of the centre console. They just clip on. You'll then have better access.

I pulled off both the leather ones already that was no better so I'll see if the carpet one helps Next Week when I get a chance. Thanks Alex

Spot on Alex, once I tugged off the passenger side carpet console trim it was a piece of cake to pull the cables through and route them.

Just can't get the a/c controls to fit in the lowest position as there doesn't seem to be slots to allow the hvac side rails to slot in to so it doesn't sit in by about 8mm. Grr!

You're supposed to remove the side rails......if I'm right in what you're talking about.

So I thought the AC controls are supposed to slot directly in to the lowest slot without modification?
I think it's the side rails you can see on the image stopping it going in but they would require a dremmel to remove this can't be right??

Attachments

• 21beg63czql_723.jpg
    21beg63czql_723.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 1,417
Looks like a Different HVAC to mine. Mine doesn't have those rails down the side I don't think. See photo:

jwN9EBS.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back