Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

APR REMAP

mun802

Silverstone
Hi,
Has anybody had their non turbo P&J chipped with using APR and was tgete any noticable gains?

Apr?

Found a noticeable gain and response on a chip when I had the 993 and they were readily available. Live remaps with chipwizards have been widely recognised if you can get hold Of The man, never really heard of a chip change solution for the 996 well not one that was a reasonable cost least ways. Happy to hear differently..

£800 for the "solution" which on paper looks quite slick but only gives 10-20 BHP above stock on a 3.4. Pretty sure a set of free-flow exhausts / headers will give you that for similar money without affecting your engines lifespan

A good remap isn't about the peak figures. It's all about the drivability and where the power is. The area below the line of the graph is all important!
APR are well respected in the VAG tuning circles. Personally I'd always go with a well respected bespoke tuner for a map rather than a generic map.

Given the age of any 996 now, and the relative fragility of the standard M96 engine, I'd be very wary of anyone who doesn't fully understand these engines trying to remap them. IMHO.

ReDBull said:
A good remap isn't about the peak figures. It's all about the drivability and where the power is. The area below the line of the graph is all important!
APR are well respected in the VAG tuning circles. Personally I'd always go with a well respected bespoke tuner for a map rather than a generic map.

spot on and saved me typing the same answer, a good tuner understanding the power curve and power delivery far more important for a road car than max BHP

ooops which I have just realised I did anyway :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back