Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

AG Ruger Mesh wheels story

K9SKO

Trainee
Just wanted to share this with you guys : :roll:

Spotted a NB 997 with these wheels on and next minute same guy is selling them so I was well interested. Looked amazing on his car.
As I picked them up, guy tells me that these are for a WB 997 fitment but no issues fitting on NB 997 as I have seen. So I bought the wheels.
Got them home and noticed the offset on the rear ones is 40mm so I thought, that's way too much for a NB car.
I tried them on my car and yes, they do stick out so then I realised the issue. The car these were on was a NB 997 but was lowered like 60mm and chamber in my opinion well in on top and I don't have or want these two adjustment.
Well disappointed as amazing wheels but hey, we all learn new lessons all the time.
So now will be putting my part worn tyres on these are selling them as will look perfect on a WB (C4S / turbo)
:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

Attachments

• 20180508_164340974_ios_200.jpg
    20180508_164340974_ios_200.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4,139
Oh dear. Tricky lesson in checking offsets.
GLWS

a Grand if you want them - which includes nuts as standard nuts don't fit, adaptor to secure the nuts and centre caps which are the black / silver colour crest type.

Sold to me :grin: :grin: thanks Sko , So options are run them with winter tyres as I have my vertini magics already on the car or hang them on the garage wall as Auto art :grin: :grin: :thumb:
Sko good luck finding some suitable alloys for your car mate , I have asked Boba if hes interested in selling his vertinis the same as mine as I thought you might be interested in them . :thumb:

Nice for a set of winters... which would be a good idea Phil. I found my car to be very loose at 0c on the Michelins. And not 'loose' in a fun and frisky sort of way...

Alternatively run them with a set of Cup2s during the summer. You can never have enough rims in my view.

Sorry to hear this OP.

Can I ask what are the specs? Sizes and offsets and Weights exactly for both front and rear?

Also do you have pictures or the wheels? Visually are the rears more concave?

Currently I am lowered around 30mm with GTS cambers specs on a NB. About 11j 52 offset,

There is space for ET40 I think.

I may potentially be interested.

Phil 997 said:
Sold to me :grin: :grin: thanks Sko , So options are run them with winter tyres as I have my vertini magics already on the car or hang them on the garage wall as Auto art :grin: :grin: :thumb:
Sko good luck finding some suitable alloys for your car mate , I have asked Boba if hes interested in selling his vertinis the same as mine as I thought you might be interested in them . :thumb:

LOL, I just seen this.

Congrats Phil.

Sold to me Grin Grin thanks Sko , So options are run them with winter tyres as I have my vertini magics already on the car or hang them on the garage wall as Auto art Grin Grin Thumb
Sko good luck finding some suitable alloys for your car mate , I have asked Boba if hes interested in selling his vertinis the same as mine as I thought you might be interested in them . Thumb

I go away for 3 hours what 3 episodes of the navy seals series and I came back and Phil has stole my wheels for a second set!....

Just kidding still don't know what I want on my car yet, need to get it fixed first

MaxA said:
Nice for a set of winters... which would be a good idea Phil. I found my car to be very loose at 0c on the Michelins. And not 'loose' in a fun and frisky sort of way...

Alternatively run them with a set of Cup2s during the summer. You can never have enough rims in my view.

thanks for those ideas Max, hadnt considered cup2 in the summer :grin:

robbiej said:
Sold to me Grin Grin thanks Sko , So options are run them with winter tyres as I have my vertini magics already on the car or hang them on the garage wall as Auto art Grin Grin Thumb
Sko good luck finding some suitable alloys for your car mate , I have asked Boba if hes interested in selling his vertinis the same as mine as I thought you might be interested in them . Thumb

I go away for 3 hours what 3 episodes of the navy seals series and I came back and Phil has stole my wheels for a second set!....

Just kidding still don't know what I want on my car yet, need to get it fixed first

:floor: :floor: sorry Rob, but I hadnt actually realised Sko had posted on here as we have been emailing each other about offset options when he realised they may not fit his car and I had indicated I may take them off him. then between me saying may and will he posted this thread :grin: so its not quite as blatent a poach as it might look :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Nice wheels :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
MaxA said:

I have somehow ended up with many sets of rims from time to time. Especially with three cars in the garage. I have been quite restrained with the 997, only summers and winters. I'm hoping some nice rims will pop up around here, so I can run some Cup2s. Maybe some nice lightweight 18s?

I had three sets of rims for the other car, studded winter, normal summer and track day semi slicks but someone one set 'disappeared', only to reappear on my brother's car wrapped in some (studless) winters... so I might have to take the winters off the other set of rims and mount the semi slicks again. Becausesummer.

I also know a bloke (former rally driver) who runs studded winters, continental spec non-studded winters and summers on his car.

So it's not only me. :wack:

MaxA said:
Phil 997 said:
MaxA said:

I have somehow ended up with many sets of rims from time to time. Especially with three cars in the garage. I have been quite restrained with the 997, only summers and winters. I'm hoping some nice rims will pop up around here, so I can run some Cup2s. Maybe some nice lightweight 18s?

I had three sets of rims for the other car, studded winter, normal summer and track day semi slicks but someone one set 'disappeared', only to reappear on my brother's car wrapped in some (studless) winters... so I might have to take the winters off the other set of rims and mount the semi slicks again. Becausesummer.

I also know a bloke (former rally driver) who runs studded winters, continental spec non-studded winters and summers on his car.

So it's not only me. :wack:

Max south of England bet I couldnt even buy studded winters let alone need them :floor: :floor: we had about 30mm of snow this winter once and thats the most we have had in 5 years ,last year no snow at all lol. but I do use the car all year so quite like the idea of a set of winter tyres :thumb: :thumb:

KJD said:
Nice wheels :thumb:

cheers Kev, bit of a spontanious buy but then thats me :grin: :grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back