Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cheap turbo

Of course, could be a basket case or could be OK. A bit of effort with some polish, leather cleaner and headlight polishing would make a huge difference for very little cost. Mechanicals are unknown, but may have been looked after depending on the extent of his home servicing. After all, this is common in the states.

Of course, could be a basket case or could be OK. A bit of effort with some polish, leather cleaner and headlight polishing would make a huge difference for very little cost. Mechanicals are unknown, but may have been looked after depending on the extent of his home servicing. After all, this is common in the states.

Could be, yes :thumbs:

But worth taking the risk at that price, he has a C4S marked up at the same price for comparison :dont know:

Worth a punt if you want a cheap way of getting into a turbo...even cheaper if you can do bits yourself :thumb:

Spending £1k getting it detailed, headlights restored would make a huge difference.

But limited history would be a pain come sale time

I'm tempted, just sold my 996 turbo and looking for 997.1 turbo to replace it.

This could be an "in between" project. Not keen on tips though and they seem to struggle to sell. Anybody got experience of selling a tip with this type of mileage??

NickHappy said:

This could be an "in between" project. Not keen on tips though and they seem to struggle to sell. Anybody got experience of selling a tip with this type of mileage??

Pig to sell a tip turbo, friend of mine had been trying to sell one since last year.
Similar mileage, good condition, full history main dealer. He ended up px'ing it this week for around that same money and the dealer was 'reluctant'.

toddy2 said:
NickHappy said:

Pig to sell a tip turbo, friend of mine had been trying to sell one since last year.
Similar mileage, good condition, full history main dealer. He ended up px'ing it this week for around that same money and the dealer was 'reluctant'.

Hmmm, that's my gut instinct too - although the tip suits the turbo according to opinion. Goes to show that mileage is such a deciding factor when it comes to selling. A shame as we all know though.

NickHappy said:
toddy2 said:
NickHappy said:

Hmmm, that's my gut instinct too - although the tip suits the turbo according to opinion. Goes to show that mileage is such a deciding factor when it comes to selling. A shame as we all know though.

Don't think the colour combo helps, nor does that wood it's everywhere in there, even up the dash.

toddy2 said:
NickHappy said:
toddy2 said:
NickHappy said:

Don't think the colour combo helps, nor does that wood it's everywhere in there, even up the dash.

I like the colour combo (I have it on mine :) ) and think the light grey works well with seal in the flesh. Makes the interior feel very light. Especially with a colour coded centre console :thumb:

But that wood is awful ! And with the auto gearbox looks more like a jag than a Porsche in there :nooo:
Would need money spending to improve !

That's not to say it's not a bargain at the price but would need to be careful as as already mentioned these cars can hide big bills and if for example turbos needed work that's probably 5k and if an engine rebuild was required (unlikely I know) that's circa 15k.
Then there's anything else that needs renewing (suspension, brakes etc). You could soon be back up to 30+ easy, depending on what it needs.
Would just need a thorough PPI as always..

Nick - you've sold :eek: Good luck with the 997 hunt and when you've found, let's have a run out .. :thumb:

Double post :oops:

Run out - certainly will, cheers Adam :thumb:

I've been in touch with the guy to try and get some info good or bad. I'm not really any further forward but still giving it serious consideration. I should imagine 5/6k would need to be set aside for repairs.

Locosaki said:
I've been in touch with the guy to try and get some info good or bad. I'm not really any further forward but still giving it serious consideration. I should imagine 5/6k would need to be set aside for repairs.

Surely its still cheaper than others that are in the 35k+ bracket.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back