Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sailed through its ITV

decgraham

Albert Park
Took the old girl for it's annual ITV (Spanish MOT) and she sailed through again, no comments just "todo bien" :D The car always creates a bit of interest from the ITV guys and they seem to appreciate the quality.

ATB :)

decgraham said:
Took the old girl for it's annual ITV (Spanish MOT) and she sailed through again, no comments just "todo bien" :D The car always creates a bit of interest from the ITV guys and they seem to appreciate the quality.

Excellent news but having some experience of the ITV and the state of some of the cars on the road in Spain, it's nowhere near as tough to pass as an MOT!

Likewise the Controle Technique in France but that has been toughened up from this month and the French are in full on hand wringing mode about it!

Believe you me the MOT/ITV in Kuwait where the car came from was the most lax I've ever come across. All I ever did was take the car to the test station and chat with the Kuwaiti inspector who would tell me how great the car was and occasionally ask me to rev it so he could hear the sound and make sure it wasn't smoking :lol: The guy behind driving an old Mazda had it inspected as if it was full of drugs.

Oh those were the days 8)

Did a rally in Dubai a few years ago the car ( Mini Cooper original) went in for a service before the next one in Abu Dhabi. They changed the water but not the oil.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back