Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 OBD Tool

silvermilnec

Albert Park
Anyone using one of the cost effective OBD tools.

I'm always messing taking things of that need resetting, might be useful to get one :thumbs:

silvermilnec said:
Anyone using one of the cost effective OBD tools.

I'm always messing tacking things of that need resetting, might be useful to get one :thumbs:

I have the iCarsoft i960 which diagnoses the normal OBD engine emission faults as well as most Porsche specific systems such as Airbag etc. and enables faults to be reset.

The POR 2 model does a bit more including resetting service interval light etc but costs a little more. The Durametric appears to be the best device but is significantly more expensive.

The cheaper Bluetooth OBD units are probably ok for standard emission stuff but don't deal with Porsche specific systems as far as I know.

Im lucky enough to use top notch diag gear but from what ive been told by various members the iCarsoft is pretty good .

I can say the Durametric system is good as we have that at work (although i dont use it much ) but its not cheap .

Lets put it this way .. if you give me a fault code ive got a good idea what to check and what the problem might be .. tell me the car isnt right and what do i think it is ( it happens trust me ) then i cant help very much which dissapoints me more than you trust me !

The iCarsoft seems to be a cheapish answer .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back