Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Question dump

DerbyJim

Imola
3rd day and did a lovely 200 mike journey up north yesterday. Think I'm slightly deaf now - that sports exhaust is LOUD!

So a few random questions that you guys should be able to answer in a jiffy:

1. Sports mode feels slow to respond but Sports Plus is insanely fast. I tend to have to almost kick-down in Sports mode (not Sports +) to get it going, does that sound typical?

2. It has Pirelli tyres on at the moment and I've always used Michelin Pilot Sports. In Sports Plus it slides!!!! It's a reasonably nice, controlled slide but I wasn't expecting it at such speeds. Again, does this sound common? Is it down to the tyres or do you guys find this with the Michelin tyres too?

3. What's the biting point when the slide turns into a spin? Is it progressive? Does it just turn on you or is there any warning?

4. Sports Plus tends to keep 1st Gear for what feels like AGES if you are going slowly! It's embarrasingly loud too crawling along in 1st gear. Presume this is just because Sports Plus is used more for when making progress.

5. I can connect iPhone to PCM via Bluetooth but when I plug my phone in via a charger then it stops playing music. I think the connection in the glovebox is a little temperamental and it stops charging / connecting. Will try with a different cable / phone today - but has anyone had similar experiences?

6. OPC have told me that they have installed the latest Sat Nav at my request however I can't do 7-digit postcodes, this doesn't seem right? I'll check what version I'm on (not sure how) later today but what is the latest version for 911.1 cars and can you do 7-digit postcodes?

Hopefully above are less newbie type questions, I've been around manual P cars for a while now, these autos are a different kettle of fish to me!

Oh, the sound. Did I mention the sound? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Forgot to mention, mine is the GTS RWD version, might make a difference with more aggressive set-up and drifting

Love watching people go through these first stages of ownership👍

1. Yes.

2. Yes. More so on the 2WD Cars. Changing C4s on bridgestones to Michelin's soon.

3. the c2s I drove at PEC we're progressive.

4. Yep. Best used once moving a bit. It opens the PSE just to make sure everyone thinks your driving it like a learner !

5.not had that issue as don't use Bluetooth.

G2 said:
Love watching people go through these first stages of ownership👍

1. Yes.

2. Yes. More so on the 2WD Cars. Changing C4s on bridgestones to Michelin's soon.

3. the c2s I drove at PEC we're progressive.

4. Yep. Best used once moving a bit. It opens the PSE just to make sure everyone thinks your driving it like a learner !

5.not had that issue as don't use Bluetooth.

Haha, had to laugh at your answer to no.4!

Thanks G2, and yes I've always loved the new car threads!

Getting used to the car, by eck it's quick when you kick down. Had lots of nice comments so far including a guy riding an R1 who said it sounds 'bloody lovely!"

I found the G Force thing on the way back today. I'm down £140 in petrol so far! :oops: :D

People were saying they got seven digit postcodes by the end of 2012.

Magic919 said:
People were saying they got seven digit postcodes by the end of 2012.

I can find seven digit postcodes if I put in three or so and then scroll down the list. Don't think that's the same thing though!

7 digits issues sounds like they didn't do the upgrade properly?. I seem to remember that there were comments on rennlist etc back in 2013/14 about 991 and 997 PCM upgrades taking ages and OPCs getting in wrong a lot :dont know:

G2 said:
7 digits issues sounds like they didn't do the upgrade properly?. I seem to remember that there were comments on rennlist etc back in 2013/14 about 991 and 997 PCM upgrades taking ages and OPCs getting in wrong a lot :dont know:

That's my thoughts as well. I can't open the drinks holder trays too, small thing in the grand scheme but may as well get it ironed out now.

It needs to go in next week anyhow so hopefully Guildford OPC will come good, they have been excellent so far.

DerbyJim said:
It needs to go in next week anyhow so hopefully Guildford OPC will come good, they have been excellent so far.

Don't take this the wrong way but did you press the bar to open up access to the cup holders? :floor:

I've had cup holders replaced under warranty previously at Guildford so they will sort you out. Iain's team in service are good. Worth taking the time to get a good rapport going with them.

Will look out for yours if it's in next week as I have an mot and pre- road trip check.

No offence taken!

Err, yes - pressed the bar. Presume it 'operates' similar to the 997 cups holders? Unless you're telling me it's electronic now (no seriously, it's not is it? :grin: )

I'm working up near Newcastle this week so the missus is having her first drive in it back down south. She's so nervous about it! I'll drop it in at some point towards the back end of the week.

Always polite about these things as long as they are also fair too. Sure it won't be a problem.

My Dec 2011 991.1 Carrera S has full UK postcode accessibility so it is possible. Chase your OPC. Mine is as loud as a loud thing once you press the PSE and has only 400hp! I have had some easily controlled slides and have not yet felt as though it is on the edge. Sport + is definitely not for around town! But once on the open road Sport + makes things louder, firmer and the PDK changes seem faster although difficult to really tell as they are pretty fast on Sport mode. Not sure about your comments re Sport mode being slow to respond.....mine isn't so again ask OPC. The car sounds great.....enjoy!

My Dec 2011 991.1 Carrera S has full UK postcode accessibility so it is possible. Chase your OPC. Mine is as loud as a loud thing once you press the PSE and has only 400hp! I have had some easily controlled slides and have not yet felt as though it is on the edge. Sport + is definitely not for around town! But once on the open road Sport + makes things louder, firmer and the PDK changes seem faster although difficult to really tell as they are pretty fast on Sport mode. Not sure about your comments re Sport mode being slow to respond.....mine isn't so again ask OPC. The car sounds great.....enjoy!

DerbyJim said:
No offence taken!

Err, yes - pressed the bar. Presume it 'operates' similar to the 997 cups holders? Unless you're telling me it's electronic now (no seriously, it's not is it? :grin: )

I'm working up near Newcastle this week so the missus is having her first drive in it back down south. She's so nervous about it! I'll drop it in at some point towards the back end of the week.

Always polite about these things as long as they are also fair too. Sure it won't be a problem.

Same as 997. Temperamental is the phrase I think...

Careful letting the missus drive it. Took me weeks to get the keys back when mine drove the 991. It's now "her" car with me alllowed to borrow it..usually when it needs fuel :frustrated:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back