Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone fitted a wired FM modulator?

turbulence997

I'm using a DAB FM modulator at the moment to stream music from my phone. The sound is crap compared to the CD interchanger as expected. Can't seem to find much info on these wired modulators? I'm not into spending a ton of money as I only drive the car about 1500 miles a year. Has anyone got experience of using these in their cars? Mines a 2006 C2S with Bose.

That's great, thanks for the replies. I will go ahead and get one. With regards powering it up, did you splice the feed for the PCM?

turbulence997 said:
That's great, thanks for the replies. I will go ahead and get one. With regards powering it up, did you splice the feed for the PCM?
Yeah I did, I found a very good guide on rennlist, took all of 20mins start to finish :D

I put a pure highway 600 in my mini, power from 12v cig then connect to 3.5mom socket and hide wires took 20 minutes.

Gives music by BT hands free calling with voice plus dab radio.

Not found any problem yet great bit of kit! I listen to talk sport allot and MW was a pain.

Got all the bits now and have had the PCM out and connected the fakra jacks in from the modulator. I don't want to splice my PCM feed so have bought some piggy back fuses to jump from the fuse box. I'm just struggling to get a good grounding point. There is a unit bolted on to the body frame just aft of the PCM and left of the clutch pedal. I have so far attached my grounds to that but am getting a resistance of 23.5 ohms! I have been in the boot but it seems that the resistance is just a s high if not higher on many of the bolts in the area around the battery ground. Seems strange?

Does anyone have an idea bar splicing an existing ground cable? most cars have a point wth multiple grounds bolted on to the frame somewhere, can't find any on this porker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back