Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Squeak squeak squeak

Lukem

Hi. I have a year old 991.2 that I have done 10k miles in. Had some work done on a coolant leak and have since noticed a squeak staying on after the brakes were applied. Maybe for a couple of seconds after releasing the brake. (Standard brakes). Took it in to OPC had brakes cleaned etc. Ok for two days. Now once car/brakes warmed up when I apply the brakes they squeak, however when pulling away the squeak is now continuous and in time with wheel rotation. Spoke to service and they don't know the reason. It's booked back in next week. Any one had this before and found a solution? I doubt it's just dirty pads. I can handle the common squeak of brakes when coming to a stop. Could it be something not related to the brakes?
Thanks.

Thanks. I have had a look but my problem is the continuous noise when the brakes aren't applied.

Interesting problem. My own brake squeal issues only started around the 10K miles mark and still persist to this day.

Jack each corner of the car up and spin the wheel so you can isolate it to one wheel.

Could be any number of things, although I would think the OPC would have assessed most of them :-
* debris caught between the disc and shield or under the pad
* a faulty wheel bearing
* glazed pads
* a sticking piston in the caliper
* something running against a driveshaft

Good luck in getting it sorted.

After many visits to the OPC finally had new discs and pads fitted Foc. Was diagnosed as a high spot on the disc.

There is one other fault that can cause this which was covered by a recall but we still see the occasional car with the problem ..

The bushes in the brake / clutch pedal expand with heat , this has the effect of the brake pedal actually sticking slightly and applying the brakes.

Its worse in winter and especially so if the heater blows hot air to the feet .. after 20 mins of this a noticable difference in brake pedal is felt .. its harder and doesnt return properly .

In extreme cases it has blued the brake discs .

Always worth considereing with any brake fault anyways .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back