Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

oil pressure sender

Poker2009

Suzuka
I changed the oil pressure sender in 2014 (38k miles) as it was stuck and hunting, and this resolved the problem.

Four years on (54k miles), the same problem seems to have re-appeared although not quite as bad YET.

Not sure whether to bother changing it again, as it doesn't seem to last very long. I think where it is placed in the car, it is just exposed to the elements and is not a reliable part.

Could it be the cabling rather than the sensor?
Also I don't think 4 years is that long, I'd expect probably about double that until it would need replacing.

Unfortunately, this is very nearly a disposable item and 4-5 years is about average I think.

Pressure sensor is a common issue I'm afraid but worth checking cabling. Bet it's the sensor though. Less than £100 and you'll not want to run it without one!

Thought as much. Why do you say don't want to run with a faulty one?! It sort of works, but is intermittent, and getting sticky. All it does is read the pressure.

Intermittent may be ok but it's the best way of telling if oil is up to temp.

I wonder if it is a 996 part carried over to the 997? :puh:

In the 12 years I have owned mine, I've had the sender changed twice so it should be due again this year perhaps? (PS it is no less alarming to see the warning each time though! :lol: )

infrasilver said:
The two connectors on the top can get corroded and cause issues, I would start by cleaning those up and see if it cures it?

I think its a bit too soon for the sender to fail, so I am going to try cleaning the connectors this morning..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back