Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stop using window!!

inchyra

Trainee
Drivers side window regulator broke at the w/end. Regulator has been on back order for 4 months. No ETA!!

WTF?

Chris

Just like the owner who couldn't get OE exhaust parts last month. Since Porsche took Toyota's advice & moved to "just in time" production methods post 1996 parts are not available from the warehouse.

inchyra said:
Drivers side window regulator broke at the w/end. Regulator has been on back order for 4 months. No ETA!!

WTF?

Chris

Sorry to hear that, it happened to me 2 weeks ago. We were quoted 6 months wait. In the end I had to go with non OEM part.

Another shocking support from Porsche story , I started a thread a while ago about all the parts running out of stock . these are guys waiting for normal everday items its made worse by there blatant promise to have stock of parts for non current models :nooo: :nooo:

So how useful will the Porsche warranty be if you can't get the genuine part or it is on a long lead time?

Gottans said:
So how useful will the Porsche warranty be if you can't get the genuine part or it is on a long lead time?

:dont know: :dont know: can you imagine having to use one of there 992 demostrators for 6 months , how well would that go down with all parties :grin: :grin:

Sounds like extending the warranty to cars up to 14 years old could actually bite them in the gonads because of OEM part availability, maybe karma does exist.

It's ridiculous. My car is just 12 years old and presumably cars a few years younger used the same part. I own 3 Mercedes over 27 yrs old that I can't ever recall struggling to get parts for.

Heres what i posted on a similar thread ..

deMort said:
Porsche only make so much stock then production stops .

Ie they will have say 500 shocks on the shelf and that will last say 5 years .. when they run out they find a manufactuor to make another batch .. which is easier said than done .

Some times this takes a while .. some times its for a rare part so they wait untill theres several orders .. this is back order .

I often fit parts that are 5 years old and even older at times .

Longest wait .. hmm .. i think 10 monthes for an oil tank .. but we had a targa that sat at work for 4 monthes not long ago waiting for motors .. basically there were none in the world .

997 has been out of production for a while now im afraid and some parts are running low .. Porsche doesn,t like paying for hundreds of items to sit on the shelf for years until they get their money back .. i can kinda understand that .

Manufacturers enter into a contract with purchasers and I'd have thought an implied term of that contract is that the product should have a significant operating 'life'. If a 2012 997 uses the same regulator as mine then that car could be unusable after only 6 years!! Parts availability will have a major effect on depreciation. Once word gets out that some parts are N/A people won't want to risk buying the cars.

In my business we guarantee availability of parts for the lifetime of the product, which is usually 25 years from handover. It's actually a big business, 50% of our turnover. As it turns out, if we didn't supply the parts, there are a lot of pirates who would be glad of the opportunity. But then our stuff wouldn't work properly... [/i]

Just get an OE spec part from the likes of ECP or carparts4less. Probably made by the same lot, but without the porsche part no and £££ extra.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back