Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Laser Jamming.

Alright to get pissed up and drive, then crash if you're a celebrity though.

Laser Jamming

...but don't forget many of these celebrities and sports people do lots of charity work and that always impresses judges and magistrates. :judge:

Plus Mrs Judge likes him on the telly....

I saw this in passing today and thought it was a harsh sentence. You've only got to watch Police Interceptors and see some dole bludger driving an uninsured rust bucket, no reg, no MOT, and no license running from the police for the tenth time. What do they get? £250 fine, 2 year driving ban and that's it.
Makes me furious. All because judge wants to make an example out of him, linked no doubt to the fact he's in an RR.
Why didn't Dec get a prison sentence then when he actually had an accident and could have seriously hurt someone. The fine was massive, sure. When that's 4 days work, how much of a penalty is it?

FZP said:
I saw this in passing today and thought it was a harsh sentence. You've only got to watch Police Interceptors and see some dole bludger driving an uninsured rust bucket, no reg, no MOT, and no license running from the police for the tenth time. What do they get? £250 fine, 2 year driving ban and that's it.
Makes me furious. All because judge wants to make an example out of him, linked no doubt to the fact he's in an RR.
Why didn't Dec get a prison sentence then when he actually had an accident and could have seriously hurt someone. The fine was massive, sure. When that's 4 days work, how much of a penalty is it?

Probably because dec didn't do it, it was ant :lol:

as for the original topic, the guy deserved it how stupid do you need to be to fit something that is illegal and then draw repeated attention to yourself?

yes his sentence is over the top but it's hardly a surprise perverting the course and perjury have always carried a prison sentence irrespective of who the defendant is just ask jeffrey archer

This is about the four counts of perverting the course of justice, very serious offences. He's a 67 years old (ex?) company director who should know better. If you habitually speed on the same road in a conspicuous vehicle and poke fun at the authorities what do you think is going to happen. He wasn't even smart enough to destroy the evidence, he believed he was above the law - none of us should ever fall into that trap. I'm sure he can afford to appeal. No sympathy from me.
The bigger penalty may be the restrictions he could encounter if he wishes to travel abroad or indeed obtain some types of Insurance, leave alone his motor cover.
Had he not installed the jammer and been a bit more sensible he would have got some points/ban and a fine much better than spending the summer in prison at his age.

Interesting points about both Rooney and McPartlin is how quickly the cases got to court, I thought it would take a few months at least, just shows you how a bit of legal advice can speed things along if necessary. In my view the penalties in both case were appropriate, the law struggles to penalise those who are exceptionally wealthy, appropriately in the eyes of 'normal people'.

As per Thomp1983 I forgot to say STUPID !

Yes agreed he was stupid, fair enough a long ban but prison??

People have actually killed other road users through careless driving and not gone to prison.

Don't get me wrong, he's an imbecile. And I understand that they class this as perjury and that under your legal system and from what you're saying it carries a mandatory custodial sentence(wasn't aware of this) But putting to one side the above, which is more of a threat to society, imbecile #1 dodging a couple of fines, or imbecile #2 that puts 100's of lives at risk running from the law. :?:
IMO the weighting of punishment is the wrong way round, regardless of what the law says currently.

Thomp1983 said:
Probably because dec didn't do it, it was ant

Can we give this guy an award for post of 2018 :dont know:

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Robertb said:
Yes agreed he was stupid, fair enough a long ban but prison??

People have actually killed other road users through careless driving and not gone to prison.

+1 on this ....

The world has gone mad , or maybe just al the do gooders and car haters ...

Ok , it wasn't right in any way , but no way does it deserve a jail term ....

A good kick in the ar5e is needed .... that's about it ....

He's behaved like a tool tbh but jail? I don't think so. Jail will really badly impact a bloke like this. And I see a lot of oxygen thieves committing far worse crime/damage than this chap- no custody.

He's goaded the police and copped the full force of the law. It's a shame punishment meted out wasn't uniform

See what I did there? Works slow.... :)

If laser jammers are illegal and the :cop: can detect when one is being used.

Then:

1. Why are they legally sold in the UK?
2. What is the point in having one?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back