Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 C2S wheel options

rpd1

Hi all

I currently have the turbo wheels on my 997.2 c2s but I'm just not feeling them. I've tried but they just don't look right imo. What are my OEM options for a straight replacement please? Is there a difference such as 2s and 4s wheels?

I would like to use the Pirellis already on my turbo wheels as they are new but apprehensive to buy anything in case the wheels don't fit.

Thanks in advance

Oly

Hi Oly, Yes theres a different offset on the rears of a 4S and 2S Some have fitted 4S alloys to 2S cars but it does bring it our close to the rim some are happy but some say its too much the 4S uses 305s rear the 2s uses 295s the 295s should fit the alloys fine and because they are not as wide as 305 do help with the fit under the arch. have a look at recent over the past few months threads in the 997 section as there are pics of guys who have done it and it can improve the stance :thumb: :thumb:

Phil

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I quite fancy the Carrera 2s wheels or sport designs. Will my tyres fit and how will I know if the wheels are 2s or 4s as a lot of the adverts don't state?

Cheers

Oly

Sports Design Wheels

I have the Sports design wheels on my 997.2 S and they fit fine. They are standard 8.5 ET55s at the front with 235/35/19 PS4S tyres and 11.5 ET67 with 305/30/19s tyres at the rear (although you can also fit 295s if you wish).

Attachments

• img_0672_220.jpg
    img_0672_220.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4,806
Systech has the best OE wheel IMO. I also have the turbo wheel, and have only very recently started making friends with it.....its only taken 4 years

FZP said:
Systech has the best OE wheel IMO.

Any links?

Personally my choice is:

Carrera Sport
Carrera II's
Carrera Classic
Carrera Sport Design
Turbo

I have the Turbo wheels :frustrated: :? It's the one thing that IMO lets the car down....... I am looking at exchanging though :)

It's the wheel in the above pic. Systech is the username of the owner

FZP said:
It's the wheel in the above pic. Systech is the username of the owner

Must open eyes further :grin: :thumb:

Thanks for the replies guys.

FZP - I've only had the car 6 months, I won't make 4 years with them! I can't put my finger on what it is though.

The turbo wheels are very colour dependent.... I had them and didn't like the std diamond cut look... so I swapped for 991 19" wheels...

Attachments

• 911_220.jpg
    911_220.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 4,712
but... then I decided to use the Turbos for track...

so painted them all one colour...

some like, some hate...

Attachments

• wheel_118.jpg
    wheel_118.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 4,702
Re: Sports Design Wheels

systech1 said:
I have the Sports design wheels on my 997.2 S and they fit fine. They are standard 8.5 ET55s at the front with 235/35/19 PS4S tyres and 11.5 ET67 with 305/30/19s tyres at the rear (although you can also fit 295s if you wish).

For absolute clarity, and for the UK market, systech1's wheels are known as the 'Carrera Sport' wheel. Maybe it's known as Sport Design in systech1's Australia, but here it's definitely Carrera Sport. There is also a 'SportDesign' wheel for the UK market, but it's got 15 thinner spokes rather than 10 as on the UK 'Carrera Sport' wheel as shown in systech1's photo. Hope that helps.

Re: Sports Design Wheels

Paul Farrar said:
systech1 said:

For absolute clarity, and for the UK market, systech1's wheels are known as the 'Carrera Sport' wheel. Maybe it's known as Sport Design in systech1's Australia, but here it's definitely Carrera Sport. There is also a 'SportDesign' wheel for the UK market, but it's got 15 thinner spokes rather than 10 as on the UK 'Carrera Sport' wheel as shown in systech1's photo. Hope that helps.

You're right of course. They are also known as Carrera Sport wheels here in AUS. Got confused with the Sports Design steering wheel I've recently fitted :hand:

redbaron1973 said:
The turbo wheels are very colour dependent.... I had them and didn't like the std diamond cut look... so I swapped for 991 19" wheels...

Those look great!

I quite want a polished rim with contrasting center, but can't face the cost of changing. I think the money would be better spent on petrol and maintenance! Maybe in a few years...

tom_nieto said:
I quite want a polished rim with contrasting center, but can't face the cost of changing....

I said that to an old girlfriend once :oops:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back