Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997-2 exhaust

ayton1

Hello all, I have recently fitted the top Gear bypass pipe to my 2011 997 S.
It didn't make the difference I was hoping so have now bought & fitted their sports exhaust boxes. Can anyone help me with the best place to find a vacuum pipe on the engine to tee into for the valve operation. Just needs to be a small bore pipe !
Cheers , will try & post some pictures later

Off hand i think you use the vacuum pipe on the airfilter box .. if you want to PM me an email addy i can send you some details of the Porsche retrofit system.

That will show you what porsche use .

ayton1 said:
Hello all, I have recently fitted the top Gear bypass pipe to my 2011 997 S.
It didn't make the difference I was hoping so have now bought & fitted their sports exhaust boxes. Can anyone help me with the best place to find a vacuum pipe on the engine to tee into for the valve operation. Just needs to be a small bore pipe !
Cheers , will try & post some pictures later

yes as Iain says tees into the gen2 airbox take the airbox out and have a look you will see where it connects up to :thumb: you can see from the top pic the tee connector which I have capped off after fitting the fabspeed performance induction and YES before anyone says anything It is a 5 amp fuse I used to cap it off DIY at its best :grin: :grin: but it gives you an idea of where to look

Attachments

• img_2658_327.jpg
    img_2658_327.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 1,444
  • img_2656_213.jpg
    img_2656_213.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 1,444
  • img_2655_111.jpg
    img_2655_111.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 1,444
Thanks for that, will get on to it in the morning, just that & the solenoid to wire up now, Top gear said they pick up a power supply from the wiring harness on the right hand side of the engine, so that looks fairly straight forward.
Had the car about six weeks & love it, had a 993 20 years ago & always wanted another.
Mods so far, DSC box, wheel spacers & exhaust. Was going to lower it but with
The DSC box of tricks I now don't see the need.

ayton1 said:
Thanks for that, will get on to it in the morning, just that & the solenoid to wire up now, Top gear said they pick up a power supply from the wiring harness on the right hand side of the engine, so that looks fairly straight forward.
Had the car about six weeks & love it, had a 993 20 years ago & always wanted another.
Mods so far, DSC box, wheel spacers & exhaust. Was going to lower it but with
The DSC box of tricks I now don't see the need.

Sounds like you have picked a nice set of mods to start with , I really would suggest you get a pr of BMC oval sports air filters in that airbox . with the DSC lowering would be mainly for athstetics :thumb: :thumb:

would be great if you can get a nice video of the top gear exhaust.

Well all up & running, thanks to Phil & demort for your help with vacuum pipe.
I did use the one you showed & also took the power from the plug to the solenoid mounted on the air box. Does anybody know if that's the Porsche sports exhaust one ? Just wondered if they fitted it as std even if the car does not have the factory sports exhaust.
Will try & get video & photos up.

Im not sure thats the best place to take the power from .. there is a light in the boot lid ? that might be better .

Insructions for the Porsche exhaust if needed .. just need an email addy to send them to .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back