Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What's wrong with this C4S?

Fastlane

Spa-Francorchamps

Attachments

• porsche_911_carrera_996_carrera_4s_s3426061_1_179.jpg
    porsche_911_carrera_996_carrera_4s_s3426061_1_179.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 4,439
  • porsche_911_carrera_996_carrera_4s_s3426061_10_138.jpg
    porsche_911_carrera_996_carrera_4s_s3426061_10_138.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 4,439
I decided to bite and enquire.

It's a Cat D. I've asked if there's any documentary proof as to what happened, so we'll see what that was exactly.

It also seems like some of the servicing was done by the owner himself.

Jackzi said:

It's a Cat D. I've asked if there's any documentary proof as to what happened, so we'll see what that was exactly.

My gut instinct is that if the car isn't well maintained in the inside then typically it isn't maintained at all. Coupled with servicing 'done by the owner' that translates to: RISK. Personally I would run away.........

Ha !

I have just looked at the advert............

1.absolutely stunning example
2.this has got to be one of the best examples anywhere.

Seriously :?:

That engine bay alone speaks volumes.

Maybe I am hyper critical but there is a very good reason why that car is not selling

:bandit:

If the seller can't even be bothered to clean and hoover it what else have they not bothered to do?

I thought I'd ask as it costs nothing to inquire.

But you're right about the interior. How hard can it be to give it a good clean? Especially if you're about to try and sell it.

:dont know:

Jackzi said:

I might be wrong, but thought it was a legal requirement to state on an advert if its a Cat D ?

The engine bay is filthy and the shut lines inside the engine lid haven't seen a wipe over in years. It baffles me that someone would advertise a car without giving it even a casual wipe over and Hoover. It puts a question mark over the entire project.
Rick

These are the kind of cars I like to find.

The owner clearly doesn't know how to sell a car.

Its mis-described, its filthy.

Theres a question mark over the Cat-D - something people just don't understand and are scared of.

The car might be a dog and 99% of people will think so.

Nobody rings up so the price tumbles.

But maybe, just maybe it is mechanically perfect. Maybe the owner is an eccentric engineer type who just doesn't care about looks.

The evidence might be in a stacked ring binder he has never got round to sorting out.

Cleaning a car is a dead easy way to add value. A bit like decorating a house.

The history of the repair is the key, if it was a cat D when 16 weeks old is very different to a cat D at 16 years old!

The small things that write off cars can be remarkable!

wasz said:
These are the kind of cars I like to find.

The owner clearly doesn't know how to sell a car.

Its mis-described, its filthy.

Theres a question mark over the Cat-D - something people just don't understand and are scared of.

The car might be a dog and 99% of people will think so.

Nobody rings up so the price tumbles.

But maybe, just maybe it is mechanically perfect. Maybe the owner is an eccentric engineer type who just doesn't care about looks.

The evidence might be in a stacked ring binder he has never got round to sorting out.

Cleaning a car is a dead easy way to add value. A bit like decorating a house.

Often good to see a car 'warts and all' rather than beautified by a dealer. That said, whilst a full detail is beyond many, I can't see why on earth as a private seller you would not at least give a car a wash and hoover before posting up photos as because he is lazy it has put doubt in peoples minds and it has cost him money.

A chef might do great food, but if you walk in to the restaurant and the place is a dirty tip it is not encouraging.

Kingb4 said:
Jackzi said:

I might be wrong, but thought it was a legal requirement to state on an advert if its a Cat D ?

You could be right - it appears the advert has been 'rejected' by PH. :?:

FRZ 911 said:
You could be right - it appears the advert has been 'rejected' by PH. :?:

Someone must have reported it and quite rightly so.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back