Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 997 owner

Martin Cox

Hi Guys, after 10/12 years of looking at 996/997's I finally jumped in. I bought my 997 in November, I have done around 1000 mile so far. I have so far been very pleased with the car, the performance is brutal. I do have some bills coming my way though, a service and tyres but that's part of the deal.
A very happy new owner :D

Attachments

• thumbnail_img_4123_122.jpg
    thumbnail_img_4123_122.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 4,477
  • thumbnail_img_4124_173.jpg
    thumbnail_img_4124_173.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 4,477
  • thumbnail_img_4125_197.jpg
    thumbnail_img_4125_197.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 4,477
Welcome Martin, nice looking turbo, hopefully even if you spend a few quid on it you wont lose money and certainly nothing like you would lose on pretty much any other marque :thumb: :thumb:

Welcome Martin
Lovely looking turbo :thumb:

Hi Martin and welcome , you've certainly jumped in at the deep end with that turbo 8)

Service and tyres aren't as bad as you think if you shop around.

Who's going to be looking after her? Have you found an Indy around your way?

Plenty of tyres online nowadays and expect to pay around £900 -£1000 for a set all round :thumb:

Enjoy the Porsche, they are fantastic cars :grin:

Then there's the mods :D

Welcome Martin,

Relative Newbie myself but I have found everyone very welcoming and there is a lot of good advice available on here.

Enjoy the turbo, Hopefully the bills won't be too steep.

The car is a manual with 39,000 miles on it.

I was looking at taking it to OPC for a major in August just to make sure all is well, then use a local Indy to do any repairs needed. Nelson in Stockton is local to me and he has a good reputation.

Hi Martin, I'm in Darlington, not my old car by the way.

The local OPC at Teesside have some really good offers on servicing, they will generally price match most indies. A lot of people use D & G in Newcastle or Darren at Redline Racing which is near you.

Nice car, keep on top of them and they shouldn't break the bank. OPC will also price match on tyres as I found out last week, fitted them same day. I don't work for them BTW but they are a good bunch of guys and will give you a nice shiny loan car to play with!

Welcome Martin. You really have been looking 12 years! Joined 2006 with first post today by the looks of it!

Looks lovely, enjoy it. I switched to a turbo last June and love it. I do the same with servicing. Some OPCs offer a good deal and don't get silly about their concerns with the little things that don't really need doing. Find one of those because it sounds like others do make you sweat the small stuff.

I'd stay on these pages because there are a lot of us turbo owners here, so a lot of knowledge I've been tapping into. Unlike say PH where everything is a new car or a super cheap 996.

Very nice looking car - fine choice.
Turbos really suit silver coachwork. Any shots of the interior?
Welcome and all the best. :thumb:

This is my first real performance car, I been into bikes for years, 916's, Fireblades. I have always wanted one after my dad had Porsche's when I was young, its a life long ambition come true. I am look forward to enjoying the car with some other members on runs out.

A belated :welcome: to 911uk.

Welcome to the Porsche ownership and the turbo club too. :thumb:

Great car, great choice.
Congrats on the 1st post!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back