Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TPM is Learning, Monitoring not Act

Ptabi

Trainee
Please evening,

I am sure many are watching the Manu Vs Tottenham game but hoping someone can answer me in terms of what problem I may have.

Ptabi said:
Please evening,

I am sure many are watching the Manu Vs Tottenham game but hoping someone can answer me in terms of what problem I may have.

Supporting Spurs :dont know:

What problem do you have ?

The TPM is in learning mode which means you have set it to that for a wheel swop ?

You drive it in learning mode untill it recognises the wheel sensors .. gen 1 and that can be as much as 20 miles .. gen 2 sensors and 100 yards .

If the problem is TPMS then I had the same issue last week. If you've had the wheels off and mixed them up, left to right or v/v then the TPMS comes up with the warning.
Go into the TPM settings in the dash and select 'summer wheels' and learn new settings. It will then come up with learning and no monitoring, best thing to do is take it for a drive and it will sort itself out, takes about 15 mins. For some reason it won't rest while it's stood still, or at least mine wouldn't play ball.
I did drop the pressures on my tyres but had to increase them slightly to get the TPM to stop flagging up a problem.
Hope this helps, certainly helped United as they've just scored!

I haven't changed tyres. Initially it came on to say I had to put air in which I did. Infact No air was required because they were all fine.

This was then followed by this message.

This is all music and good news.

I shall take it for a spin to see if it resets.

It should have gen 2 sensors so only a short drive will be needed ..

I have a feeling though that the sensor batterys might be worn out .. they last about 5-6 years .. if thats the case then new TPM wheel sensors will be required .

just replaced one of mine that kept going down, now the new one went AWOL

Kev at DW thinks it has a new part code and I need all 4 new to match...

Im not aware of having to replace all 4 unless its a recent thing.

You tend to replace all of them as they all have batterys and are all generaly the same age so as one goes flat the others are close to going as well.

You cant fit Gen 2 sensors to a Gen 1 system .

What tends to kill / stop them from working is any kind of tyre sealent or too much tyre soap when fitting a tyre .. it can block the 2 very small holes in the sensor .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back