Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thoughts on this 997 turbo

mightymetro said:
I know it's a real marmite colour combo, and to be honest I would prefer any interior than Tan but I think the price reflects it. Really good spec. Hoping to go down and view this next weekend if still available. Any opinions or does anyone know of the car? All comments welcome.....except about the interior :D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-Por...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I like it. Its different, bet thats lovely in the flesh exterior and interior, but TBH not particulary cheap for a Tip?

I actually quite like that. I didn't think I would from the description but I think it looks nice :thumb:

Before I bought my black one, I had just missed out on my first choice, it was the same colour as this one.

Colour is amazing in person...

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the standard tombstone seats, other than that it looks amazing!

I think Macadamia is a great colour , especially nice in sunny climate , so if you are ' down south' it will fine and the only colour that goes with it well is the tan interior ......
I've seen a few in the metal and they are actually striking ....spec looks good , check the PCCB rotors though , easily damaged by careless tyre / wheel changing ....
The seats are really comfortable , they look a bit plain , but they are actually very good chairs!

Decent price too .....good luck ....

I nearly purchased a 997.2 C4S in this colour combo. The was too much tan for me on the inside. If this was a forever car is need to return the too half of the dash in black for aesthetics and reflective reasons. Some black floor mats would also simmer it down.
External colour is stunning in the sunlight. PCCB are a big bonus as well. Overall a pretty good car by the looks of it

I don't mind the exterior colour, agree with what was previously said about the interior and perhaps it is better up close. Price seems okay for a tip considering it has PCCB's and the mileage below average.

Good luck :)

It will look good in flesh.

I'm going to be honest because plenty here are saying go for it, so just for balance.

I drove past one of these on the M40 and had a really good look at it on the move with the roof down. I was in the daily and incognito so overtook it and let it overtake a couple of times.

I really couldn't convince myself to like it at all. It looks like a colour for a carrera (no dis, I loved my carerra)

But then I drive a Black/Black/Coupe/Manual so I'm guessing we see things differently anyway, which is no bad thing!

Ishay said:
I'm going to be honest because plenty here are saying go for it, so just for balance.

I drove past one of these on the M40 and had a really good look at it on the move with the roof down. I was in the daily and incognito so overtook it and let it overtake a couple of times.

I really couldn't convince myself to like it at all. It looks like a colour for a carrera (no dis, I loved my carerra)

But then I drive a Black/Black/Coupe/Manual so I'm guessing we see things differently anyway, which is no bad thing!

I think that is a very silly comment - I think most of us have black turbos

We were just discussing that colour last weekend at our local OPC and having seen it in the flesh it looks really good. The interior is a bit hmmm, but hey it's a Porsche and at one time all Porches had bonkers colour combo's.
Only problem is if you want to flip it!

I couldn't live with the colour combo* but if you can it looks like a great value for money car. The PCCBs differentiate it from most other Gen1 997s especially Cabs.

*I would choose it over black/black though. :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back