Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Epiphany

jotaking

Right...bear with me...

I have owned....

964 C4 Cab
993 C4 Cab Turbo
997 Cab Turbo

I have driven....

911 Carrera Coupe - 1980
993 C2 Carrera
991.1 Turbo S
991.1 GT3

The best one yet?

It might surprise you, but IMHO it was the bog standard 993 C2!

Why?

The 993 C2 was fast enough, felt solid and was the only car that I could "wring its neck" and get close to the limit. Moreover, out of all the cars the 993 gave me the most feedback through the steering wheel and the seat of my pants.

Although the 964 and 80's Carrera have attainable limits. IMHO both variants do not offer the same speed and/or handling of the 993. The 993 is perfectly balanced with the right amount of power in a timeless design. Nuff said!

All of the cars are great in their own way, however IMHO the new stuff just can't be used as intended on the open roads. I love my 997 Turbo, however, within a couple of seconds, I am in to crazy speeds. It is still amazing fun, however, you never get close to the limits consistently. I find it's more of a point and shoot.

Yes, the GT3 cars offer a great experience, the 991.1 I drove was a hoot, however, all the supply/demand/over premium etc...gets a bit tiresome for me.

Therefore, the 993 is king. :thumb:

PS...

Now my secret is out, I have just ordered some of these...

Attachments

• sandals_worn_wth_white_ankle_socks_880.jpg
    sandals_worn_wth_white_ankle_socks_880.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 2,308
I see there is no 996.1 C2 in your list either....

True what you say.

MC

MisterCorn said:
I see there is no 996.1 C2 in your list either....

True what you say.

MC

Yes, never been in or driven a 996. One of my neighbours has a C4S cab which looks great. The 996 is getting better looking with age.

993 cab turbo :dont know:

If that's not an open application to the Illuminati induction course, I don't know what is. :D

Attachments

• g24b8522op_113.jpg
    g24b8522op_113.jpg
    580.4 KB · Views: 2,243
  • img_3908op_137.jpg
    img_3908op_137.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 2,243
  • g24b8528op_137.jpg
    540 KB · Views: 2,243
FZP said:
If that's not an open application to the Illuminati induction course, I don't know what is. :D

Yep, just received the weblink for the "online" induction.

Zingari was CC'd. :?:

jotaking said:
FZP said:

Yep, just received the weblink for the "online" induction.

Zingari was CC'd. :?:

They told you about the physical exam right? Got some bad news for you on that front. When the do the eye test, it's done from behind the eye and the only way to do it is....please drop your trousers sir, this won't hurt a bit.

i agree with you about enough power etc, 0-60 in 5.5 was considered ludicrous at the time, that's because its more than enough at any time,

its why in my mind the 911 ended at aircooled, the whole point was a small quirky noisy brilliant sports car which amazingly you could slip two in the back,

i cant be doing with the water cooled grand tourers, they are massive in comparison, i also think nb is the true 911 look, regardless of value, also coupe will always be king,

sorry if you don't like this point of view.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back