Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3, GT3 Touring and 911T "off the peg"

T8

Super Moderator
I've just been on a short trip to Holland and took the opportunity to visit a couple of Dutch OPCs. The first one at Oirschot on the outskirts of Eindhoven resembled my local one at Tonbridge - from the outside at least.

That's where the similarity ended. Whereas in most UK Porsche Centres you'll be lucky to find more than a couple of brand new current models on display, let alone for sale, this small showroom not only had an example of every current model available but also had 'for sale' signs on them.

Amazingly they had in stock - ready to drive away - a GT3, a GT3 Touring, a beautiful yellow 911T and a grey Targa.

I had a chat with the Sales Manager and asked how easy it would be for me to buy a new GT3 from him. He seemed quite puzzled by my question and was shocked to hear how difficult/impossible it would be for me to get one in the UK. Apparently if I didn't fancy whatever one they always had in stock I could order one and get it within 5 months and getting it in RHD would not be a problem.

The downside - there's always a downside - is the cost. The base price for a GT3 in Holland is 226,500 Euros! The two he had in stock were very heavily optioned and were both over 265k Euros!

Unfortunately the small showroom was so tightly packed with brand new cars that it was difficult to take photos of any specific car but this view from the balcony gives a flavour.

The 'used' cars that were behind me on the mezzanine floor were in a different league. Details and pics will follow. :thumb:

T8 said:
The 'used' cars that were behind me on the mezzanine floor were in a different league. Details and pics will follow. :thumb:

1971 911T Martini with 61k kms. All yours for just 139,500 Euros. :)

Not my cup of tea but then I haven't got a spare 298.500 Euros either. :nooo:

Nice colour though :D

This old VW was 'POA' which, iirc, is Dutch for loads of money.

I'd rather have 2 of these. :wink:

I wonder how long before we see a "Le Mans Lounge" in UK OPC's :dont know:
Unless of course they already exist, in which case I need to get out more. :oops:

All the above are tucked away in a relatively tiny showroom on an industrial estate just outside a little village in the Dutch countryside, 216 miles from Calais.

On it own it's probably not worth a visit but 48 miles further on .................... :cloud9:

To be continued.

Wow, almost double the list price than here in the UK! I have given up on a GT3, I'll just have to slum it in my turbo.
I'm getting back into the modern bike scene too. Awaiting delivery of my Panigale V4... :thumbs:

So why are the prices so high compared to here ?

Great pics. I often use Scout24 to look for a left hooker bargain of the GT kind. Having seen a 991 911R sell in the USA for $300k USD at auction, I may start casting my view a little further. Especially with the strengthening £ vs the major currencies.

Gazc2 said:
So why are the prices so high compared to here ?

Looking at this it appears it's all to do with the tax that's added. :eek:

I don't know what a UK buyer might be able to claim back/avoid paying. :dont know:

T8 said:
I don't know what a UK buyer might be able to claim back/avoid paying. :dont know:

Can you go back and ask :mrt:

Happy to come along for a road trip :grin:

Look forward to hearing about the rest of the trip :thumb:

is that on sale at 'list price'?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back