Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Front Pads Fitted

decgraham

Albert Park
I fitted new Brembo discs all round in September 2016 along with Brembo pads. I thought I was doing the right thing matching pads to discs.... nope the fronts have been squealing like a pig coming to a slow stop since fitting. So today I fitted new Textar pads :D what a difference, just been for a nice run with lots of slow braking... no squeals what so ever. Textar are the only way to go..... and I know this so why did I buy Brembo ahhhh :x

ATB :)

Anybody want some cheap front Brembo pads? they have only worn 1.3mm :roll:

Dec, yes I would have thought the same to be honest and I do like the Brembo stuff, however I opted for Sebro rear discs but I've just had a look and I have Brembo pads with them, they're not on the car but now you have me worried.

Trev

I fitted Sebro disc and textar pads a couple of years back with no issues - I'm sure someone posted on here that they are OEM manufacturers without the Porsche box......

Thinking of EBC yellow pads this year, anyone tried them :dont know:

Discussed many times over the years... Sebro Discs and Textar Pads are the preferred items and a reason why they are usually the most expensive option when you look around. :thumb:

C.

Cameltoe & Heel said:
Dec, yes I would have thought the same to be honest and I do like the Brembo stuff, however I opted for Sebro rear discs but I've just had a look and I have Brembo pads with them, they're not on the car but now you have me worried.

Trev

Hi Trev,

I bought my 4 Brembo discs for £202.00 delivered to me here in Spain and I was pleased with the price and quality. I think Mister Auto were doing a good deal on Brembo pads at the time, £20+ cheaper than Textar and when I compared them with Textar they had the same profile/number so I thought they were Textar in a Brembo box :? any way they are not. However, I have had no squealing from the rear Brembo discs and pads combination so I think you'll be fine. :thumb:

ATB :)

Didn't a spot of copper grease solve the problem, I thought that was a universal panacea for break squeal?

(I only wrote this to get the latest pointless "price/value" thread off the top! :gunfire: )

I had ferodo ds2500 on a previous car, hell they squeeled in normal use it was embarrassing.

But get some heat in on a track, and they were endless.

I put EBC yellow in next, they didn't squeal, but were no where near as good on track, overheated faster.

Maybe those brembos you took out are similar to my ferodo experience!

I run textar on my 996 now though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back