Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 cabrio hard top?

gunner

Sao Paulo
Didn't realise these existed but there's currently one on eBay.

"D Morris Styling Hardtop" Item 112943036343

Interesting option for someone on here?

I'd be all over that if I had a Cabrio, almost regret not buying one now. That looks fantastic imo.

Albionmuz said:
I'd be all over that if I had a Cabrio, almost regret not buying one now. That looks fantastic imo.

My thoughts exactly.

I've considered one of these. There are some long detailed threads on Rennlist by some cab owners who took the plunge. Not entirely positive as the kits often seemed to be missing fitting bolts etc. The roof is made of GRP which brings some undesirable a characteristics.Removing the cabriolet folding roof is a complex procedure and fitting the hard top is quite involved.

I think fitting this top should be considered more of a permanent conversion to coupe than a winter hardtop to be removed every Spring.

I am pretty sure that one on eBay was for sale last year so presumably didn't sell.

That's not to say I'm not tempted of course! However I expect the reserve price is unrealistically high.

That's a bit of a shame, the 'winter hardtop' option sounded good.

This does look the job. It's the visuals of the cab that really puts me off, whereas the 996 and Boxster s-tops look great when retracted (ie, you can't see them).

..... the 993 Cabrio with roof down has always reminded of a nanny's pram ....... not a good look :nooo:

...... imo ......

Tobesetc said:
It's the visuals of the cab that really puts me off, whereas the 996 and Boxster s-tops look great when retracted (ie, you can't see them).

madalaa said:
..... the 993 Cabrio with roof down has always reminded of a nanny's pram ....... not a good look

Like cabrios. Love 993s.

Bought a 993 coupe...

And the winning bid is........£250.

Yeah right.

Look out for this to be re-listed.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back