Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 prices

spongebob squarepants

Overpricing aside when that rather nice Ashgood car is sub 50 bags it appears like you the previous owner didn't have it long. Perhaps it didn't live up to their expectations :dont know:

Zingari said:
Overpricing aside :dont know:

Are you ready for the bounce when it sells in quick time? Disappointed you didn't manage to squeeze in a scrotum metaphor btw :roll:

Albionmuz said:
Zingari said:

Are you ready for the bounce when it sells in quick time?

I think my ball sac will hit the floor before my chin :thumb:

Sponge tried the reminiscent route after trying modern machinery and second time around found it not what he expected.

My guess is this car is already sold and the listing is smoke and mirrors to keep prices buoyant :bandit:

cableguy said:
How long since you sold?

C.

Just over 3 years ago :thumb:

Zingari said:
Albionmuz said:
Zingari said:

Sponge tried the reminiscent route after trying modern machinery and second time around found it not what he expected.

My guess is this car is already sold and the listing is smoke and mirrors to keep prices buoyant :bandit:

Tbf I hated that car (although it's a cracker) so in real world terms that's appreciated 8k per year...

I'm ready to sell mine. New top mounts, set of tyres, service at OPC and additional work and fettling via CS Sportscars in the past few days. These are increasingly rare cars to find with provenance and without needing work doing.

If mine goes,it's an Alfa 4C next. If it doesn't then I'll keep on OC3ing in the 993.

highway said:
I'm ready to sell mine. New top mounts, set of tyres, service at OPC and additional work and fettling via CS Sportscars in the past few days. These are increasingly rare cars to find with provenance and without needing work doing.

If mine goes,it's an Alfa 4C next. If it doesn't then I'll keep on OC3ing in the 993.

have you driven a 4C? i cant fit one that well, look fab though.

Zingari said:
Albionmuz said:
Zingari said:

I've put mine back on the road after 18 months in storage and it's simply sublime, like nothing else you can buy today. As car get more and more and more about tech and less about the 'drive" the 993's are the perfect classic cars, they don't mind being ignored for long periods of time but are there at the turn of a key to remind you what driving a car is all about.

Interest rates are going nowhere in the medium / long term and classic cars will continue to be a sound place to put loose change, there is still plenty of spare money looking to be put to use. 993 are a relatively cheap, safe and fun place to put those funds without the normal stresses of running an old car. Prices will continue to steadily rise for these, lesson endeth.

Ps you can always tell when there is a fresh wave of price increases to hit a market as Zingari has usually just bailed out at the wrong time :grin:

the red car looks lovely, sure with 911virgin's reputation it will find a home v soon.

thinking of selling mine soonish too, if only to move into some kind of gt3 pending test-drives...

i am seeing silly prices right across the air cooled spectrum, a big jump in 12 months, prices that could actually put people off, they are good cars, but not that good, novelties can wear off, and people could end up thinking, Sh-t i could have done with that money, a flood of cars hit the market, and prices drop, its how its happened before, i am not going to play the game, i am seeing other marques with some great value, fun cars, without the silliness.

i will probably never have a 993, its a shame, but i can get over it.

My 993 thoughts.

Full factory spec cars will be the easiest to shift. But genuine period correct / appropriate added options also ok. A decent Becker or RS bits being a plus.

Full leather esp. in one of the desirable colours (black, red, chestnut etc) will also 'hold their bags' better

And perhaps rather controversial this one, but I can't see wide body premiums over better specced narrow body cars being sustainable.

🤷"â™‚️🤷"â™‚️

spongebob squarepants said:
Zingari said:
Albionmuz said:
Zingari said:

Tbf I hated that car (although it's a cracker) so in real world terms that's appreciated 8k per year...

And you hated the car because? Or is it that you now hate it because it has increased in value so much since you sold it?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back