Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Are you intending to put miles on your 993 this summer?

Albionmuz

Assuming we do get one, which doesn't look like happening anytime soon.

I admit to storing mine during the winter months but I put over 3k on it last year and am about to put at least 1k on it over the next couple of weeks on a continental trip starting tomorrow. I'll no doubt be reducing the value but I cannot look at this fabulous car as a high performing ISA. (Not sure it's actually that high performing any more tbh, I get the impression that prices have flattened for all but the low mileage ones and S models).

I will also be using it on high days and holidays over the next few months, can't resist it when the weather is fine and I can open that brilliant targa roof. Early weekend morning drives are the most satisfying before the world gets on the roads.

So, are you living the dream or just looking at it, fearing devaluation every time you drive it?

Mileage: Don't think of it as losing value, think of it as investing in memories!

Yes - Le Mans 24H trip in June and then to South of France, probably July.

No idea why anyone owns such a machine and doesn't use it to the full.

12 night trip down to Monaco and then up to Spar with Longers @ fast track tours in May so will be giving the old girl a good run out :thumbs:
Enjoy them while you can!
What's the point of being the richest man in the graveyard :dont know:

Couldn't give a monkey about the miles, over 100k now so it's worth peanuts anyway. :grin:

These cars love to be used, so any excuse for a blat is good with me.

C.

cableguy said:
Couldn't give a monkey about the miles, over 100k now so it's worth peanuts anyway. :grin:

These cars love to be used, so any excuse for a blat is good with me.

C.
Absolutely agree - use mine a lot. I've just driven down the M4 from Reading to Bath in poor conditions (dark and raining). A boring drive in most cars, a pleasure in my well sorted high mileage 993. I do need to improve my headlights, however.

Headlights = Tore B kit + Morimotos + Cyclops Led main. In that order.
No excuse for putting a few miles on in the dark now.

Mine lives inside but certainly doesn't hibernate. Hoping to put more miles on it this year than last.

It's in use all the year round but on limited mileage; down to visit 356 International at Hedingham next month then to Italy to see some of the Mille Miglia, followed by Lewis & Harris in June, a quick trip to Ypres in September (doing a wreath laying at the Menin Gate) and the rest will be used up by odds & ends

yes, 7500 limit on the Insurance, but will do most of that. A couple of continental trips, plus regular uk runs.

Fatboy74 said:

Nice one chum :thumb: I'll let you buy me a pint of Creme de Menthe in Monte Carlo 8)

Albionmuz said:
So, are you living the dream or just looking at it, fearing devaluation every time you drive it?

Just did a 3k round trip to Barcelona and back, I had the front splitter sprayed a week before I left and now its peppered with chips..

I got my 993 for to drive fast and enjoy, thats what they are for right? People can do what they want to, if you want to look at them, cool, if you want to thrash the pants off them like me, then cool.

Here she is

Attachments

• 29790500_10156217902375350_4709938179916955648_n_185.jpg
    29790500_10156217902375350_4709938179916955648_n_185.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 5,875
Zingari said:
Fatboy74 said:

Nice one chum :thumb: I'll let you buy me a pint of Creme de Menthe in Monte Carlo 8)

Pint of the finest will be waiting on the bar for you :thumbs:
Already packed a couple of Cubans for us to enjoy on the terrace :bandit:

Mine is used daily no matter the weather. Have thrown caution to the wind and it is my only car...estimate that I'll put around 9 to 10k on it given road trips etc. that I have planned so far.

Will shortly be worth peanuts but ultimately who cares...it certainly doesn't depreciate like other cars and, as Tobes says, invest in some memories!

I'm aiming for 5k miles this year. Too much fun not to drive it :thumbs: :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back