Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 GTS Tyre choices

Trumper112

I have read all the threads I can find. The Porsche UK website for the model says P Zeros, PZero Corsa or Dunlop Sport Max Race are approved tyres. My OPC says I can have any N rated tyres and not void the warranty. There is a Michelin Pilot Sport 4S that IS N rated but not listed on Porsche website.

Historically I prefer Michelin. Any thoughts about wisdom of this? Is the OPC right on the warranty angle?

My current P Zeros are shocking in the wet and generally poor in winter.

This can be OPC dependant in regards to the warranty. It's only a problem when it comes time to renewing the warranty. You do right to want Michelins.....cant fault that reasoning

Have a 2014 911.1 C4S.
Even with the 4-wheel drive, always thought the Pirellis were pants in the wet. In the dry they were good up to the point of letting go, then fell off a cliff which resulted in a few bum clenching moments. :eek:

So since 2014, I have been eagerly awaiting some N-rated rubber from Michelin. So yesterday, finally managed to give my car a suitable 4th birthday present - some Michelin PS4S tyres with N0 ratings (245 front and 305 rear). Also renewed my OPC warranty.

Only 2 days of driving, but initial impressions of the Michelins are :-
- slightly noisier than the Pirellis
- limpet-like in the dry
- sure-footed in the wet

So positive first impressions of the Michelins.:thumb:
A few more days running-in and then I'll be able to see what they feel like when pushed a bit harder. :lol:

Good to read DRZ911 :thumb:

Agree with FZP that this can be OPC dependant, but well worth getting an email from the OPC in advance in case there are problems when renewing warranty with them :thumb:

Interested in the thread as I'm considering moving to michelins when mine goes in for mot next month. 3mm fronts so they need doing and the rears are 4.5-5mm so this is likely the best time to change a set of 4 before they get out of step if I only change the fronts. Tyres are 2013 front and 2015 rear so again makes sense to change all 4 :dont know:

Trumper112 said:
There is a Michelin Pilot Sport 4S that IS N rated but not listed on Porsche website.
Yes, the PS4S is N0 rated in the 245 and 305 widths and is approved by Porsche, but just not updated on their main website. OPC rang up Porsche to confirm this fact.

Ive always favored Michelin.
Will Porsche allow you to order in the tyres and fit them or do you go somewhere else with the centrelocks?

baxster said:
Ive always favored Michelin.
Will Porsche allow you to order in the tyres and fit them or do you go somewhere else with the centrelocks?

My OPC will fit supplied tyres. Not letting anybody else near the centrelocks!

Got my PS4S from the OPC. They charged about £150 more than the best online quotation, but I was happy enough with this outcome.

Are there any downsides fitting 305 section tyres (in place of the standard 295)? The Michelin 295 is not N0 rated.

305 will be standard on the GTS or other WB Carrera models. Porsche recommend 11 inch rim for 295 and 11.5 for the 305.

DRZ911 said:
Got my PS4S from the OPC. They charged about £150 more than the best online quotation, but I was happy enough with this outcome.

Would they not price match?

My OPC matched the cheapest quote I could find - I almost fell off my seat when I asked and they said yes.

Longp2 said:
DRZ911 said:

My OPC matched the cheapest quote I could find - I almost fell off my seat when I asked and they said yes.
Unfortunately, no price match, but they gave me £50 off their initial quotation. Reason given for not reducing further was that there is limited availability on these N0 tyres and that was propping up the price. :roll:

DRZ911 said:
Longp2 said:
DRZ911 said:

Unfortunately, no price match, but they gave me £50 off their initial quotation. Reason given for not reducing further was that there is limited availability on these N0 tyres and that was propping up the price. :roll:

Not to worry and tbh i'd Pay £150 more than what I paid for the Pirellis to get into a set of PS4S!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back