Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 993

911livin

Monza
Hi Guys

Just come back from a 3000 mile road trip. Took family to Catalunya, car was perfect.. the roads in France are just amazing..

Recent upgrades

Momo mod 7 steering wheel
Rear wiper delete
Factory RS Aero kit
Tramont cup 2 wheels (cheers ch3tman for telling me about them)
Michelin PSC2 tyers

Next jobs..
Bilstein PSS10
Headlight washer plug
Aircon delete (the heavy bit..)
Remap?
Parcel Shelf delete
Pole Position seats

Attachments

• 29790500_10156217902375350_4709938179916955648_n_107.jpg
    29790500_10156217902375350_4709938179916955648_n_107.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 4,392
Love the look of your car. Thoroughly recommend remap, best bang for buck.

I'm also considering headlight washer delete. Just plug in the hole, or a more permanent (seamless) fill? Not so taken with rear wiper idea, find that useful from your to time (unlike headlight washer which has to be a useless bit of weight and ugly too).

Like the wheels on your car (but RS/split look wheels not for me). Always amazed that anyone would consider aircon delete, especially if you plan summery use in Europe! But it does with a tonne, so...

Keep us posted with pics of each mod. Enjoy!

911livin - your car looks great 8) glad you got the wheels in the end, they complete the RS look perfectly! 3000 miles definitely warrants more than one photo - looking forward to the rest...:D.

As an aside, may I ask who you appointed for European breakdown cover? Seems a bit of a minefield especially regarding cover for getting the car back home should the very worst happen...

ch3tman said:
As an aside, may I ask who you appointed for European breakdown cover?

I'm covered with Locktons.

Attachments

• 1457519_10156210239450350_7541919603080728587_n_152.jpg
    1457519_10156210239450350_7541919603080728587_n_152.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 4,300
Tobesetc said:
Love the look of your car. Thoroughly recommend remap, best bang for buck.

what can i expect from remap? Im new to this.. :D Car has got some nice grunt as it is..but Im convinced the rev counter is 1k RPM above what it should be? when its at 6 if sounds like its at 7 etc

What revs dio your 993 cut out?

The important bit is: go to the right bloke - Wayne Schofield at Chip Wizards. He'll spend all day doing a custom remap.

It'll feel much freer revving, with more crack/pop on lift-off. Lots of comment here, use the search function (or use Google to search this forum).

You should see ~8% power increase before/after, that's roughly what I got (so if before you see 275 you should end with about 300bhp). Felt like a new motor. Costs about £500. Do it.

Car looks excellent with the kit on.

Enjoyed the pictures on IGram, well done getting you wife on board for the trip. :thumb:

Have you changed the Cat on the car? Did this on my each of the 993 cars I have owned and noticed a difference every time, in terms of sound and performance. Well worth doing in my view.

Cheers

Tom

It's great to see a 911 being used so well - especially an air-cooled one. :thumb:

T8 said:
It's great to see a 911 being used so well - especially an air-cooled one. :thumb:

Thanks, I love to drive, roads in Europe are just fantastic, Calais to Barcelona is a easy drive, if there were no speedlimits you could sit there at 120 all the way down there, so smooth and no traffic. found some twisty canyon roads in Spain and that was fun, the car goes round corners on rails.. and thats with its original suspension!?! When it has new shocks it going to me pure!!

she is going on track next month.. :)

tp81 said:

Enjoyed the pictures on IGram, well done getting you wife on board for the trip. :thumb:

Have you changed the Cat on the car? Did this on my each of the 993 cars I have owned and noticed a difference every time, in terms of sound and performance. Well worth doing in my view.

Cheers

Tom

Cheers Tom, posting a lot on I gram @911livin if anyone wants to check it.

Not done anything with the CAT, I want to maybe get them removed? what you recommend?

911livin - I followed the instagram pictures with great interest. Looked like a brilliant picture and makes me even more excited for this year's road trips!

re CATs, I am thinking of getting mine done too and probably combining it with Gert's RSR mod too.

Pierre

911livin said:
tp81 said:

Cheers

Tom

Cheers Tom, posting a lot on I gram @911livin if anyone wants to check it.

Not done anything with the CAT, I want to maybe get them removed? what you recommend?

Great looking car! What colour code is it? Looks similar to mine.

A question about the Tramont cup 2 wheels - where did you order them from and are they genuine 2 piece wheels?

Andy

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back