Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear ended - in need of rear bumper repaint

SoHo

Hi guys,

while driving home to London from Wales a nurse rear ended me at 3-5 mph in queue traffic on the M6 near Birmingham. Result = a few deep scratches around the number plate area but no real dents. It will need to have the bumper removed before repainting.

Any ideas of what that should cost and recommendation for places to get this fixed? I live in N1. Trying to settle this outide Insurance so trying to keep costs low but still needs to be done properly obviously

Cheers

Unless you need to check behind the bumper or it has to have a ripple ironed out, I am not sure why you would want to remove it. From your description it sounds like it is fairly superficial. £200 to £300 before Porsche tax. Man in a van, about £100.

Thanks John

I've gotten an initial estimate of 400 ex VAT from an independent body shop, which seemed a bit high. He said it had to be removed because of rubber fitting around the parking sensors

You still need to notify the Insurance company even if you dont claim, otherwise you risk invalidating this and future policies.

If she went into the back of you its a no-fault claim with you and liability on the third party's insurer. Presumably you exchanged names and details, so notify your insurer, they will send correspondence to the third party who will pass it to his/her insurer as its their liability.

Have the car repaired at the best bodyshop ((I'd go Porsche-approved) and relax and let the third party insurer meet the bill. You won't even have to pay your excess as its a third party liability.

So quite why you'd like to keep your insurer out of the loop is baffling me in this situation.

Martian said:
pcat said:
You still need to notify the Insurance company even if you dont claim, otherwise you risk invalidating this and future policies.

And back in the real world......... :roll:

I worked for a major insurer for 3 years and i assure you this happens

I have notified my insurer.
Idea was to be a nice guy really and my car is 14 years old and already has few stone chips, etc. (as you'd get). I want it done properly but it's so minor that you'd only notice it if you're within 1 meter of the car.

Here is a picture of the actual damage done (similar but smaller impact on right hand side)

Attachments

• img_1035_148.jpg
    img_1035_148.jpg
    980.6 KB · Views: 5,841
Does anyone have any recommendations for shops in London to get this fixed at?
Much appreciated

http://www.aa-motors.co.uk/

I've used these guys for the last 18 years and are very good, with their workmanship and prices. They are based in Barking, just off the A13 on Ripple Road. They've been looking after my family's large pool of vehicles and have never let us down.

Thanks Chowgar. Will chat to them

Alfaian: Well this was after a solid roadtrip in the country side in Wales!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJno1
Back