Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Clunking noise from front end

Mistamac

Hello, started to hear a clunking noise when I'm crawling and turning. Not loud but noticeable. Autobox (2005) any ideas?

Make sure you've nothing rattling around in the boot.

It's probably the wheels gripping and releasing. Usually more apparent in reverse.

Planning six month oil change this month so will get it checked out. Hopefully nothing too serious

Different car, but just solved a low speed clunk on my Tiguan. Turned out to be the NS drop link on the front worn out. Another I've had in the past was due to the strut top bearings worn out.

If you get a friend to rock the car & can still hear it, then go outside & feel each joint as its being rocked. it should be obvious when you do find it.

If you want to accentuate a noise that you think you can hear, see if you can find a grass area and drive over it, your neighbours lawn is probably not the best place to do it! It does show up clunks and knocks and drop links are a prime candidate, as are broken springs.

It'll be the spring. Probably. Or a knackered end link bush. You need to get the car up on a lift and wangle stuff with a pry bar.

Thanks guys I will keep you updated

Attachments

• img_3825_657.jpg
    img_3825_657.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 2,241

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back