Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Squeaky belt/pully on cold start

Ishay

Spa-Francorchamps
Is your aircon switched on or not on the cold clip?

Try it both on and off when cold and see if it's any different.

Normal, can be sorted with belt dressing spray if it really bothers you or just drive it more

Nowt to worry about. Water ingress through the slats at the rear falling on top of the pulleys and belt. I assume the pulley bearings are all OK as it goes away after a while.

pcat said:
Normal, can be sorted with belt dressing spray if it really bothers you or just drive it more

I actually didn't hibernate it officially. It needed a new turbo cartridge under an independent warranty and it took them forever to source and fit. Long story.

I'm now not driving it because I've had a knee op on my clutch leg. Another long story involving skiing :)

It'll get driven soon enough and a decent amount I promise. For now I can only obsess over maintenance because I have it back, can't drive it, but can read a lot of forums and maintenance guides :)

Warm sounds fine to me , cold is slightly more than i would expect but as already said pretty normal.

Assumeing all the pullys are ok .. which i expect they are as its a new belt and you check them on replacement ..

Then all i have is the belt tensioner might not be as good as it once was .

For me i would say just keep an eye on it , i dont think spending money on this atm is warrented .

Demort said:
Warm sounds fine to me , cold is slightly more than i would expect but as already said pretty normal.

Assumeing all the pullys are ok .. which i expect they are as its a new belt and you check them on replacement ..

Then all i have is the belt tensioner might not be as good as it once was .

For me i would say just keep an eye on it , i dont think spending money on this atm is warrented .

:thumb: thanks Demort

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back