Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo for sale

chriscoates81

Hi guys I currently have my turbo listed for sale for £30,000. I've been offered £27,000 and I could do with a second opinion as to whether that's a bit low. It's done 107,000 miles but is in very good Nick.

I saw that for sale on eBay yesterday - looks nice and it has a good description, although I would mention the fact that it is a manual in the heading. However, I don't think that the photos do it justice - a dull day, not a great location, bags in the interior shot and your hairy legs(!). I'd also add more pictures generally

In terms of accepting £27k, it depends on how quickly you need to sell it - if you want to get nearer £30k then although I know it's on a 2 year service interval, I would suggest getting it serviced and get the garage to write a report on its condition (assuming it doesn't have any looming bills), or show the report from the last service. I would also think you'll get nearer the price when the weather improves.

GLWS!

Sounds like a fair offer to me. You could hang on for a grand or so more but finding someone else not scared of 100k+mile cars might take a while.

chriscoates81 said:
Hi guys I currently have my turbo listed for sale for £30,000. I've been offered £27,000 and I could do with a second opinion as to whether that's a bit low. It's done 107,000 miles but is in very good Nick.

Hi Chris.

Hope you are well.

Ad says 105k on the ODO so you will have a problem straight away resulting in a mandatory chip on the price.

Personally I would remove the vinyl which is positioned at the top of the front bumper - poorly trying to look like something it's not :? or covering some cosmetic damage are my thoughts - just a bit of honest criticism.

Other than the above, I agree with the previous comment - some better quality pics would be good and hang in there.

On the plus side yours is the lowest priced and clearly an honest example.

Good length of current ownership and you are on here so that may carry some credibility as there could be another forum member who fancies it...

8)

Good luck with the sale buddy.

:thumb:

I think £27k is lower than what it's worth, but as some have said it may take longer to sell if you try and get the highest possible price. It's not yet summer season so if your aren't in a rush to sell I would hold on to it a little longer. I bought my car with over 100k miles. What made me go for my car was that things which would be tired in a 100k mile car was replace ie gearbox rebuild, new shocks etc. If I was you I would list out what has been replaced. There are a lot of 996 turbos in the US with well over 150k miles, with one with over 500k miles. The best part about a high mileage car is that you can drive it without worrying about adding miles. Again it would take a logical buyer to buy your car. Good luck :thumbs:

chriscoates81 said:

Seems a very good offer. Coincidentally I saw the post of this on PHs today, so it has been a journey to realise a sale from where you started off on pricewise so if you are keen to sell, I'd think you'd struggle to get much more as the pool of buyers for a 100k+ miler Turbo must be pretty small.

Its your call, but it seems a good offer.
Someone mentioned its on two year servicing - this 2002 car is on annual servicing. If its due a service, I'd sell at £27k and new owner services the car.
You also mentioned in PHs when you had an offer less than £35k that you'd come down on price but nit include the winter tyres. Perhaps you could get more from the current interest by negotiating the winter tyres - if I am not getting confused with your car and the one on PH I saw today.

I've updated the mileage, I I realise its an annual service car (although to the best of my knowledge nothing changed between annual and 2 year servicing), I didn't realise it was yearly when I bought the car. It's due a service in June but plug and coils are due so it's going to be a £1,000 service. I've left the vinyl on as I'm worried it might peel the paint off if I do (obviously not a problem if somebody was spraying the bumper). I did originally have all the details on there but I wasn't sure if it was scaring people off and that's not something I can afford to do with the limited market available.

A major with spark plugs is due in the next two months. Brake fluid? That is every two years.

The vinyl on the bumper might peel the paint? I'd be wary as a buyer in case its hiding damage on the bumper. If its a straight respray budget around £200+VAT.

Major service with plugs at OPC fixed price servicing is now £1400 inc VAT.
Brake fluid is £100 I think.

If its Indy, major with plugs will be around £750 inc VAT and brake fluid around £75 inc VAT.

Looks as if its going to need some spend just around the corner.
Have discs and pads been changed recently?

Given all these points I'd snatch the money out the buyer's palm if he's offered you £27k for a 100k+ miler with servicing due imminently.

Alternatively, have the work done and hold out for closer to £30k knowing a buyer has no imminent bills identified over the next 12 months.

A friend of mine bought a 2001 996 turbo with over 100k on the clock last week for £30k. He saw it advertised in the morning and snatched the guys hand off. FSH, really nice condition, everything all up-to-date etc.

So if you were to get all your bits done, id reasonably assume yours would be worth similar money, if not slightly more with summer approaching.

rabbitstew said:
........... So if you were to get all your bits done, id reasonably assume yours would be worth similar money, if not slightly more with summer approaching.

Is it worth the hassle of getting things done and breaking even when the money's on the table with the car 'as is' :?:

T8 said:
rabbitstew said:
........... So if you were to get all your bits done, id reasonably assume yours would be worth similar money, if not slightly more with summer approaching.

Is it worth the hassle of getting things done and breaking even when the money's on the table with the car 'as is' :?:

That's what I'm thinking. This guy seems quite keen, however I don't have a weekend free till the 21st. He was quite worried as he thinks it might sell in that time. Surprisingly the 4.5 hours each way from his house doesn't seem to bother him.

chriscoates81 said:
T8 said:
rabbitstew said:

That's what I'm thinking. This guy seems quite keen, however I don't have a weekend free till the 21st. He was quite worried as he thinks it might sell in that time. Surprisingly the 4.5 hours each way from his house doesn't seem to bother him.

Exactly, he clearly thinks its a bargain and is keen to get it before someone else offers more. If your happy with that price, then id get it sold asap, as it would certainly save you the hassle of having the work done.

Yes and my kids are only going to keep growing :D. Hopefully my daughter won't get upset when I don't replace it with a pink car like she asked :floor: .

The age of these cars can mean inevitably other items identified at a major service that will inflate the bill further. As a private buyer (assume it is a private sale and not a sale to a trader) then he is clearly prepared to take the risk on it.

Looks like you'll be snapping his arm off for £27k.........

What will you replace it with?

IIRC when I p/exed my 72k mile 996tt at JZM in October, they sold it within a fortnight for about £36k.

£27k for a 107k mile car seems fairish. Maybe push him to £28k? Got to be a deal in there somewhere though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back