Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What's going on here?

Alex

Nordschleife
I'm at work today and this rocks up in the lock up next to me. Can someone explain what's going on?? :?

lS8ZGvh.jpg

evfd96f.jpg

3rTlx7b.jpg

ZzteYrT.jpg

2.2 litre registered Jan 1969?????

Well firstly according to the Motor Insurance Database, it's not insured! :eek:

Looks a right mish mash. 964 look with an SC/3.2 Engine Cover and 997.2 Wheels, Cup Mirrors etc. I'm sure it appeals to somebody.

C.

It's with a dealer at the mo' so no surprise on the Insurance.

Personal expression? :dont know:

It's a broad church. It'd be the shame if we all had the same tastes.

If it's rot free it could actually be a good buy too :?:

Do you want their details Paul?

Purely by looking at the pics, Not a lot wrong with that that can't be fixed with a bit of love.

Love the twin outlets.

the wheels are the worst, I really dont like oversized wheels with thin tyres, they just look crap.

alex yates said:
2.2 litre registered Jan 1969?????

If its a 2.2E you'll know by the racket the engine will make at idle.
The butterflies eat into the inlets and rattle around like crazy, causing a real lumpy takeover and inlet rattle.

Use to drive me mad. Saying that it sounded better than the Gen2s DFI sewing machine sound.

It sounded just as you described it Les.

Horrible old bitsa. Simlar to my first 911 years ago.

The single worst thing about that car is it'll be running on huge spacers to push the wheels out. That one thing makes the drive of it feel nothing like a 911. Awful.

Is that red paint visible in the rear roof vents?
Hard to access to prep properly so you often see the old colours when the paint flakes off if it's had a bad respray.

Could be ok for pottering about in if some Cup wheels or Veloce wheels were fitted. (Let's face it no one would pay for proper speedlines for it).
Fit some 964 rear lights (but again a £700 spend on that is probably a bridge too far) then it could "look" ok.

It will always drive like a pig though unless they fit some Turbo/Supersport suspension arms and driveshafts.

Nice colour though. Cobalt blue.

Ah Alex, that would be the 1989 964 with the additional 2014 997.2 Turbo wheels option and American kit car bumper imports.......a coveted style offering, and if you look closely, I'm sure that number plate says TREVOR.... :grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back