Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Interesting detail in 991.2GT3 owners manual, flat shifting!

Porsche News

Interesting detail in the 991.2GT3 owners manual

'when changing gear, The accelerator can remain pressed when engaging and disengaging clutch, to ensure optimal speed compensation. In this case, the engine speed is controlled automatically."

GT3 nanny state :?:

Or is this now the Play Station Generation ...

Attachments

• 66339228_6293_42d6_a138_baf9d5c499c3_831.png
    66339228_6293_42d6_a138_baf9d5c499c3_831.png
    1 MB · Views: 6,505
  • 2d5669a2_2e8e_42aa_b3d9_024fae827ae9_125.jpeg
    2d5669a2_2e8e_42aa_b3d9_024fae827ae9_125.jpeg
    340.8 KB · Views: 6,505
Some superbikes have had "quick shifters" for a while now - cuts ignition and / or fuel supply for a hundredth of a second or so, for full throttle, clutchless upshifts.

The 991.2 manual GT3 also has rev matching for downshifts to make you sound like a heel & toe hero (as well as helping avoid engine braking locking up the wheels on severe downshifts!!). I went out last week in my mate's 991.2 GT3 (he's on here too) - it's savage!!! What a car!

Rick at Unicorn can map this feature in to any 996 / 997. Among many other cool stuff.

If it maintains high revs automatically, then it's a manual PDK........ :dont know:

Porschekit said:
If it maintains high revs automatically, then it's a manual PDK........ :dont know:

I'm all for a GT4 PDK/manual then ... will that be with a sequential type lever ?
That's where we need to go I think .....

Sorry everyone, I know this is when you don't take your foot off the gas but it looks like from the video you don't push the clutch in either??? Is that right? The video was mental but wasn't massively clear on this I must say.

Gareth64 said:
Sorry everyone, I know this is when you don't take your foot off the gas but it looks like from the video you don't push the clutch in either??? Is that right? The video was mental but wasn't massively clear on this I must say.

Correct no clutch, witch craft :? It mite as well be pdk

Cunno said:
Gareth64 said:

Correct no clutch, witch craft :? It mite as well be pdk

No clutch! Now that is insanely cool! Now that is a bit more than could be achieved from a remap. Must be like driving a sequential.

Gee whizz , just managed to watch the video ..... seems a bit of a strange method there , made me wince each change , something doesn't seem right changing like that ?

I'd like to try it myself but don't know if I could do that to the gearbox ( subconscious may not let me !) not much mechanical sympathy there ......

A: utterly, utterly pointless
B: clear indication of how much faster a DCT is.

Having 3 pedals and not needing to use one of them :dont know:

Might as well drive a PDK/Auto :hand:

Much more fun driving a manual, heel and toe on downshifts, and rev matching on your upshifts :grin:

The new GT3 is not so much a driver's as a car you can steer yourself. It's selling point will soon be proclaimed as 'a very fast, powerful car with autonomous steering'.

A great shame.

Pip

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back