Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Warning 996C4S SH52DMZ from Stratton Motor Co

BChivs

Warning 996C4S SH52DMZ from Stratton Motor Co

Has an Identified Engine Fault
Buyer Beware, read

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=126344

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201802133685673
:x :x

Now arrived?! Recently Serviced by Porsche?!

Should read been with us since November whilst we were treating the current owner unfairly. Serviced at Porsche by the previous owner which we are now benefitting. Rotten blowing sports exhaust. New brakes as we sold it in Sept with knackered ones. Sold as seen. 1 lady owner. :bandit:

Image update from below
2018_04_02_20_59_30_141.jpg

That is appalling.

Book to see it under a false name on a Saturday morning when they are really busy, and then noisily raise hell in front of their customers... :viking:

BChivs said:
Should read been with us since November whilst we were treating the current owner unfairly. Serviced at Porsche by the previous owner which we are now benefitting. Rotten blowing sports exhaust. New brakes as we sold it in Sept with knackered ones. Sold as seen. 1 lady owner. :bandit:

You forgot about ........ 6 months warranty not worth the paper it's written on.

A shocking tale :nooo:

All I hope is that whoever is interested in a C4S finds this thread before that car or that they do their own homework. It wouldn't be very nice for the new owner of that car coming on here chuffed with their recent purchase to read of the issues.

You can write a review of them on Autotrader and be sure to specifically mention this car - this link should take you there:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/servic...tor-company-norwich-dpp-10005432/sort/default

They appear to have used the old pics from a few months ago too - the one of the speedo shows 59,244 miles, but the advert states last serviced at 59,600 miles so hopefully any eagle-eyed viewers may pick up on that and ask about it.

Did the car get registered to you? Often people can be put off when they see a very short period of ownership so hopefully it will be a difficult sale for them.

squelch said:
You can write a review of them on Autotrader and be sure to specifically mention this car - this link should take you there:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/servic...tor-company-norwich-dpp-10005432/sort/default

They appear to have used the old pics from a few months ago too - the one of the speedo shows 59,244 miles, but the advert states last serviced at 59,600 miles so hopefully any eagle-eyed viewers may pick up on that and ask about it.

Did the car get registered to you? Often people can be put off when they see a very short period of ownership so hopefully it will be a difficult sale for them.

Yep good spot...the pics are from the original ad when I bought it. It fully registered in my name and was collected by them at the end of Nov last year with 59,845 miles.
Surely it should ring alarm bells that it was sold 6 months ago by the same dealer with such little mileage covered....I wonder what they would say if asked??? :?:

BChivs said:
Surely it should ring alarm bells that it was sold 6 months ago by the same dealer with such little mileage covered....I wonder what they would say if asked??? :?:

It won't as they will say that they sold the car to you and, because you had such great :roll: customer service, that you upgraded it and traded it back in to them :bandit:

:pc:

HSC911 said:
BChivs said:

It won't as they will say that they sold the car to you and, because you had such great :roll: customer service, that you upgraded it and traded it back in to them :bandit:

:pc:

Perhaps it would be worth an enquiry?? :?: :p

squelch said:

How about we ALL write a review on Stratton...?? Be a giggle hundreds of us writing a sh!t review and mentioning the same car.... :bandit:

Osh

Osh that's along the lines of what I was going to suggest to Phil last week if we all emailed the garage to say what a poor experience BChivs had been going through and they should make good any financial shortfall he has suffered through this unhappy episode and this would be the great PR exercise for the dealer .The same could be said to the PPI garage I would most happy to start the ball rolling
:thumb: MZ

How ironic is it that I am over that way in the morning so I will make sure I get to see it and see what they say to me posing as an interested customer.

Do I have permission to ask if this is the car the previous customer had such a lot of trouble with?

I really don't mind making a fuss :bandit:

Tobyone said:
How ironic is it that I am over that way in the morning so I will make sure I get to see it and see what they say to me posing as an interested customer.

Do I have permission to ask if this is the car the previous customer had such a lot of trouble with?

I really don't mind making a fuss :bandit:

I'd be more interested to see what story they tell how it's back for sale!

I have no problem with you mentioning the trouble I have had though.

worth updating, 996C4S SH52DMZ from Stratton Motor Co

Autotrader advert is no longer online

Which means some unsuspecting buyer may have bought this :nooo:

911UK said:
worth updating, 996C4S SH52DMZ from Stratton Motor Co

Autotrader advert is no longer online

Which means some unsuspecting buyer may have bought this :nooo:

Yep all ads no longer live....removed from their own website too! Feel sorry for the buyer.😔

Maybe removed as they have spotted it on here? perhaps removed to take away some of the heat? be interested to see if its actually still in the showroom :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back