Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spring has sprung

Alfaian

Sao Paulo
Literally.

Backed the car up the driveway earlier to sort something else out and found the remnants of my o/s/f spring on the floor.

I've been wanting to lower and refresh the suspension for a while anyway, so no big deal except, where do I find eibachs that lower it by 20mm?

Mine has pasm and all I see is 30mm drop which will be too low.

Any ideas chaps :thumb:

Ian, Techart springs mate , used these on my gen 1 very happy ride was virtually stock comfort and they didnt drop further over time .
bit more money made by eibach but to techarts spec which is slightly different to Elbachs

Spring Kit

consisting of:
- 4x sport springs
(20mm drop, 15mm with PASM)
- mounting instruction
- TàœV certification
Art.-No: 097200100009

:thumb: :thumb:

Thanks phil, top man :thumb:

Are these the ones from tech9 iirc ?

I've already booked the car in for next Tuesday :grin:

Yes mate tech9 are a techart distributor :thumb:

Had two go on my Mrs 997, bleeping potholes.

Attachments

• img_20180309_145622_562.jpg
    img_20180309_145622_562.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4,248
Yes, potholes indeed :evil:

I've decided and ordered the H&R springs as well as new top mounts and spacers. 15mm rear , 7mm front spigot mounted :thumb:

Alfaian said:
Yes, potholes indeed :evil:

I've decided and ordered the H&R springs as well as new top mounts and spacers. 15mm rear , 7mm front spigot mounted :thumb:

Thats interesting Ian, what made you decide H&M the reason I ask is that my gen2 came with H&M which I havent changed but would have gone techart if I had been fitting them to my car myself as thatswhat I put on the gen1. theres nothing at all wrong with the H&Ms on my car and I like them and they have a nice hight and stance infact they maybe a bit more raked than the techarts which is IMO a good thing especially with the downforce from the carbon picnic table hanging off the back of my car :thumb: :thumb:

Nice one phil :lol: only reason was, the cars in next Tuesday and I can get the H&R by Tuesday.

I was reasonably happy with stock tbh but, with the dam thing snapping I've been forced to do it :grin:

Alfaian said:
Nice one phil :lol: only reason was, the cars in next Tuesday and I can get the H&R by Tuesday.

I was reasonably happy with stock tbh but, with the dam thing snapping I've been forced to do it :grin:
Looking forward to the pics and thoughts once done. Given that you broke the spring on a pot hole, is that claimable via the council?

I don't know whether it was a pothole or speed hump etc, as there's so many obstacles on the roads today it's becoming a serious problem :evil:

I found bits of mine on my driveway. s :frustrated:

You know I was only today driving along looking at the state of the roads most of the potholes seem to be where contractors have done work and not done a good enough fix to the repair , the backhanders from these companies to the council and the perks and jollies across the country must be a staggering amount of money each year for the blind eye to be given to the quality of some repairs . it really is a disgrace and what boils my blood is when I see the state of the roads and then hear how much money is going to be spent on HS2 which serves no perpose other than to get a handfull of business men to London 20mins quicker :nooo: these are guys who can mostly work from phones and laptops anyway so 20mins is nether hear or there . why isnt the money getting spend on road renewal :nooo:

The pothole is usually created by the road not getting the tarmac level and a puddle allowed to form there. The cold weather comes along, freezes the puddle, the ice expands and breaks up the tarmac. Imagine how lovely the roads are here in rainly Lancashire. My Dad bust a spring on his Saab last month :nooo:

Even the local Police have put jokes on FB about pulling suspected drink drivers as they're swerving all over the road.....trying to avoid them.

I purposely didn't open this thread as I thought it was another of those hibernation threads. :oops:

roads are shocking here, i drive round them, but not always possible, hs2 just on my doorstep, vanity and madness more important than basic infrastructure. :nooo:

There seems to be an issue with springs breaking on the 997: I must have hit a speed bump too hard (in Dubai where the roads are usually as smooth as glass) and ended up replacing both front springs, mounts and bump stops. I put OEM springs on, but they'll be replaced by H&R lowering springs this Spring, as soon as I've picked them up.

It's funny, on the other car, it's the strut tops that bend, a phenomenon known for some reason as mushrooming. We tend to run protector plates on the strut tops to prevent this: mine are connected by a strut brace.

The roads in west Berkshire/South oxfordshire are absolutely shocking, result being drivers spend too much time scanning a few metres in front of the car rather than assessing hazards further on.

Irritating and potentially expensive in a car, potentially lethal on a bike.

Yet all the money as Phil says is being wasted on HS2, and a third runway at LHR while we make do with potholes being refilled with papier mache.

Need to motivate the motoring nation and withhold our VED as a class action! :cop:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back