Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Blankety Blank

C4-STORM

Hockenheim
With 2 switch blanks on my 'horseshoe' and the rear window switch blanks on transmission tunnel I am tempted to look at easy OE accessories to add.

My thoughts being:

1) spoiler indicator alert
2) cabin lights

- as both relatively easy for a DIY install.

Any other ideas for the leccy window blanks? And anyone added alternative switches/upgrades to the horseshoe panel? :dont know:

PSE would be one. Not cheap though.

Or move your lower console switches into the blanks on the horseshoe and do a lower console delete. :thumb:

Targa blind switch to operate an electric garage door remote.

Have a look for Alex Yates thread on instaling a usb port into one so he could plug his phone in :thumb:

Heated seats if you dont have them already.

steve r said:

Cheers guys.

Steve,

I haven't heard of this one which I could definitely utilise as my garage door is electric do you have any info or pointers?

Phil, good idea although I found (literally!!) a really great double USB adaptor which I have plugged into my cigar lighter socket (which I hate anyway!) - you can just about see it in the image below.

PSE - not for me, too much aggro I'm afraid :nooo:

I think I will pass on the heated seats and the console delete due to the effort involved!!

Really appreciate the comments and will be looking at this garage door opener hopefully :grin:

Attachments

• img_8292_125.jpg
    img_8292_125.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 5,600
Don't garage-door openers also jam laser guns, too?

Might be useful...... :thumb:

EGTE said:
Don't garage-door openers also jam laser guns, too?

Might be useful...... :thumb:

I have a 6 year old Stormtrooper 'come' Power Ranger so yes could be very useful against his growing arsenal of weaponry :floor:

They do jam the first shot and causes an error on their gun but only briefly .
clearly I dont know this for sure and read it somewhere honest guv :grin: :grin: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
They do jam the first shot and causes an error on their gun but only briefly .
clearly I dont know this for sure and read it somewhere honest guv :grin: :grin: :grin:

:floor: :floor: Gangster

C4-STORM said:
steve r said:

Steve,

I haven't heard of this one which I could definitely utilise as my garage door is electric do you have any info or pointers?

Hi, It's real easy to do, just solder wires onto the switch on your fob and connect them to the Porsche switch. I picked up power from the ash tray light too soft illuminates at night:

00LJP69.jpg

4ul5nsI.jpg

n9JjnU5.jpg

AuIyXEQ.jpg

Guide here with a wiring diagram for the switch
https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turbo-forum/562123-garage-door-opener-hack-mod.htmlhttps://rennlist.com/forums/996-turbo-forum/562123-garage-door-opener-hack-mod.html

:thumbs: That's genius and I suppose placing switch behind the ash tray makes for an easier job as well.

My garage remote is slightly bigger than yours :oops: but I'm sure I could sort something or get a replacement smaller remote :thumb:

Here's a business idea: someone could design and sell blank button decals for each brand of car, which say amusing things like 'eject', 'panic', 'guns', 'laser', 'slick', 'smoke', 'plates', 'kill', and so on and so forth. As long as they're in the right font/size, they'll¨"work" just fine.

I'd even swap the Sports+ label for a MaxA label (which is, as you all know, the abbreviation for 'Maximum Attack' as used by Marcus Grà¶nholm in his WRC cars for the full on rally special stage engine and gearbox settings).

Provided you have a sense of humour. :bandit:

MaxA said:
Here's a business idea: someone could design and sell blank button decals for each brand of car, which say amusing things like 'eject', 'panic', 'guns', 'laser', 'slick', 'smoke', 'plates', 'kill', and so on and so forth. As long as they're in the right font/size, they'll¨"work" just fine.

I'd even swap the Sports+ label for a MaxA label (which is, as you all know, the abbreviation for 'Maximum Attack' as used by Marcus Grà¶nholm in his WRC cars for the full on rally special stage engine and gearbox settings).

Provided you have a sense of humour. :bandit:

You mean like these? :grin:

Attachments

• 876e93a1_bab5_4354_8729_bca106baed6c_752.jpeg
    876e93a1_bab5_4354_8729_bca106baed6c_752.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 5,297

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456