Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Countdown to Dinslaken 2018

T8

Super Moderator
General Information. Updated on 24th March 2018.

2018 will be the 17th annual Porschefreunde meeting and as always it will take place at the Dinslaken Trabrennbahn Showground on 1st May - the traditional German Labour Day holiday.

In 2018 that day falls on a Tuesday and does not coincide with the UK Bank Holiday Weekend.

The event is, quite simply, a meeting of Porsche owners from all over Europe. There are trade stands but for the most part it's just an opportunity for Porsche fans to look at other peoples Porsches. Typically there's over 2000 there at any point during the day with some arriving and leaving early and some not getting there until the afternoon. How long you spend there is up to you - four or five hours is pretty typical.

When I first heard of the event the crowd that had been recommended the Tryp CentrO Hotel in Oberhausen as an ideal base as it is only 13 miles from the showground and offers great value for money and secure parking right opposite a wide selection of bars and restaurants in the CentrO park. I've stayed there for the last four years and for the last two years 911uk virtually took the place over for 2 nights.

It's likely that various groups will end up planning various different trips next year but for those that haven't yet thought about it I've made some suggestions below.

Doing it in a day.

The direct route from Calais to the Dinslaken showground is 250 miles and will take around four hours to drive. Anybody going to the show for the first time would probably want to spend at least 3 hours there so doing it in a day would be a very long day out. UK Northerners might like to know that it's 131 miles (2 hours) from Rotterdam after arrival on the ferry from Hull.

The best 2-day option would be to travel on the Monday to a local hotel and do the show on the Tuesday making the journey home straight afterwards.

For most a 3-day trip is more comfortable whereby the journey out could be done on day 1, the show attended on Day 2 and the journey home done on Day 3. Next year this would be a Monday to Wednesday tour.

The great thing about doing the trip on a more relaxed itinerary is that a decent stop at a scenic French or Belgian city would be possible en route or perhaps a 30 mile detour could be made to the superb Classic Remise at Dusseldorf. It's open every day from 8am (10am on Sundays) to 8pm and admission is free. Allow 2 hours for a first visit.

For those looking to combine the show with something else a little more significant Dinslaken is only 104 miles from The Nurburgring so if you fancy a couple of Touristfahren laps it's less than 2 hours away. The roads and Eifel Forest scenery around the area are superb.

A bit further afield is the Porsche Museum at Zuffenhausen, near Stuttgart. From Oberhausen or Dinslaken it would take about 4 hours to cover the 261 miles to get there. Of course for an extended stay the scenic Black Forest (50 miles from Stuttgart) is fantastic and the roads form part of petrol-head heaven.

The thread containing early discussion about the 2018 event has now been closed but can be found here

=> Discussion/Planning May 2017 - February 2018

This new thread contains some posts from the earlier one showing the various itineraries that the 30+ listed attendees are following.

The listed attendees are staying at The Tryp Hotel in Oberhausen on Monday night 30th April and are going to the Porschefreunde event on Tuesday 1st May.

I've just realised that I didn't include ticket information in my earlier 'information' post.

Tickets for the show can be purchased in advance at a cost of 25 Euros for a Porsche and two occupants.

As per the last two years 911uk's Tour Partner 'fasttracktours.co.uk' aka 'longers' will be liaising on our behalf with the organisers and arranging our own specific infield parking area. He will also be providing a facility whereby we can purchase tickets from him (avoiding extra p&p charges).

Ordering of tickets will start in the New Year. Date = TBC.

The guys from the South are in deep discussions about suitable attire for the 2018 event.
Lederhosen was done in 2017 should we do it again , :dont know:
Mankini might be a bit cold in late April :grin: we could always stuff with socks :floor:
So the debate continues any suggestions welcome :grin: :grin:

Attachments

• 18157205_430787030631328_5292294669415139590_n_215.jpg
    18157205_430787030631328_5292294669415139590_n_215.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 5,611
So in the vein of 2017 I have a worry that the spa ittinery will become the
SpaOberhousenDinslakenSquadron (SODS) :floor: :floor: :floor:

:hand: You don't want to be faking into the bad habits of the recidivists of this parish :wink:

FYI our route this year takes in as many mountain roads as we can: so Geneva and Interlaken. Then we're going to an iconic route in Mannheim which sight of the world's first ever road trip. Finally a high speed dash up the east towards Posen before cutting due west towards the show :angel:

Who knows we may wear some outfits too :?:

:thumbs:

Hi everyone

I am sorry it has taken longer than I anticipated but after a day on the phone to Belgium and Germany I have added as much information as I can to this page of my website.

Spa guided tour and 2 lap parade
You can only take part in the parade if you also have a private group tour.
Group tours are for a maximum of 20 people and the parade is for a maximum of 15 cars.
The prices of the private tour and parade are the same regardless of how many people or cars take part.
I have provisionally reserved a private tour and a parade but must confirm the booking by 1st April. If you are interested I suggest you let me know asap and then at the end of March we can work out the costs depending on the final numbers.
If there are not enough cars to make the parade viable I can swap the booking to an individual group tour.

Oberhausen hotel
You've all booked your rooms at the Tryp. I will get the best price I can for anyone who contacts from outside the forum.

Stuttgart
Unfortunately it is not possible to have a factory tour during this week because of the bank holiday. However the museum and Restaurant Christophorus are open.
The final price will be dependent on numbers - there is a big difference at the hotel between booking rooms individually or as part of a group.

Eurotunnel
Let me know your preferred crossings and I will obtain a quote for you.
When I spoke them they said if booking together it would be possible for you to be loaded in the taller carriages which don't have the walkways down the side to catch your wheels on :wink:

Show tickets
You can order these and all of the above options by completing the booking form.

The booking form is here.

If you have any questions feel free to ask them here or send me an email.

I hope this helps.

:thumb:

Cheers,
L'rs :wink:

I will start the Spa- Dinslaken itinerary off, we can arrange meets enroute and at the tunnel like we did in 2017. Leave UK Sunday Drive to Spa stay in Spa local hotel Sunday night attend Spa tour and Parade laps Monday, then drive to Oberhousen meet everyone else at the Tryp hotel Monday late afternoon go to Pagoda buffet. Tues morning convoy to Dinslaken Porsche festival. Those that need to return to the UK Tues will then leave . Anyone wanting to stay the Tuesday night at the Tryp hotel can either do their own thing or join me at the Pagoda for another buffet followed by a beer or four in the town . Then wake Wed morning and if we didnt do the Classic remise Dusseldorf on the Tues afternoon we can go Wed morning then return to the Tunnel for our booked return train slot .

SPA-DINSLAKEN ITINERARY

1. Phil 997 & KJD 1 car 2 persons
2. easternjets 1 car 1 person

Hi everyone

I am still to decide on itenaries

I am in Oberhausen at the tryp for sun, mon and tues, depart wednesday morning for 10am tunnel crossing back to the UK

My bookings can change, no sweat there

I am happy to drive around so back to Spa for the parade laps maybe, looking at what Richard (ELA) may arrange in due course etc. Happy to eat at a restaurant on the ELA leg if it happens etc etc

Happy to eat anywhere, agree with Phil, the Tryp looses to the Pagoda, happy to dine elsewhere if and when needs arise or to book a place

I have ordered some walkie talkies, should i need them via Phils amazn page

Will book with longers in the coming days accordingly

ANYONE ELSE GOING OUT EARLY ON THE TUNNEL ON SUNDAY ? I AM BOOKED IN FOR 7.20AM DEPARTURE, again this can change

Taking in a few sights enroute, classic remise, a bit of culture here and there maybe!!!

Happy dayz

Sorry guys the reason for me not saying much just yet is I am in the process of changing jobs. My basic plan is to meet up at my place, then do a little morning stint to a lovely restaurant. From there continue the tour up to Oberhausen. Anyone who has been with me before with have a rough idea about the views and roads. I always change the route so aim to come up with something interesting
Will update soon I promise :thumb:

Ok I'm sorted

Saturday 28th April

8.20 am train from Folkestone to Calais, then drive to Nurburgring stopping for some lunch. Booked into Haus Pit Lane opposite the Tiergarten as the Tiergarten was fully booked. Dinner in Pistenklause and early night ready for
Touristenfahrten at the ring on Sunday.

Sunday 29th

Touristenfahrten at the ring and might visit the castle and Adenau then meet Terry T8 and anyone else there for dinner in the Pistenklause and another night in Nurburg.

Monday 30th

Breakfast and drive with the group to rendezvous with Richard CLR to follow his route and stop for lunch on the way to the Tryp and meet everyone else for Pagoda buffet and beers.

Tuesday 1st May

Dinslaken Show and then back to hotel for more Pagoda and beers.

Wednesday 2nd May

Breakfast and steady drive back for 16.20 Eurostar back to Folkestone.

Already getting excited!!!

:driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving:

Ive booked same as Pete (budflicker)

Been asked about where to stay if you are coming over to me. Here is a good place to stay and very reasonable prices, excellent food/wine...

For anyone thinking of combining the trip with a TF lap or two at The Ring.

Dates now released confirm that the track is open all day on Sat 28, Sun 29, Mon 30 and Tues 1st May.

Wed 2nd and Thurs 3rd May are yet to be confirmed.

http://nurburgring.org.uk/calendar.php

Sonic reporting for duty. Long term lurker here on the forums, only just got my first Porsche in October 2017, a UK RHD 997 C2S 😀 Originally from the colony 🇦🇺 currently living in 🇩🇪 near Munich and doing the trek up to meet you guys and attend the show.

I have booked my room at the Tryp. Am also keen to do the Spa track drive on Monday so will get the forms done for that shortly 👍

Confirmed as booked in at the Tryp Hotel for Monday 30th April (at least).

1. Askgeez - GTS coupe PDK - Tryp booked for Monday
2. Phil 997 & KJD- 997 Carrera 4s -Booked Tryp hotel Mon/Tues
3. T8 + 1 – 997 turbo - TRYP Booked for Monday night
4. Diverzeusy +1 – 996 turbo-Booked Tryp Mon/Tues
5. FRP - 996 turbo 9eXX - BOOKED TRYP AND TUNNEL
6. DrJim - Cayman S - Booked Tryp Mon / Tue
7. Ptabi - 2012 Turbo S PDK - Booked Tryp for only Monday 30 April 2018
8. chaser 997.2 T - Booked Tryp for mon and tues
9. Kush 997.1 T - Booked Tryp for mon and tues
10. M119cars Tryp booked Mon&Tue
11. wiggyman +1 Tryp booked mon&tues
12. New997buyer - 997.1 turbo - Tryp booked
13.. Ragpicker +1 - Rolling money pit - Tryp booked
14. spiderlane - 997 GTS - Tryp booked
15. DucatiRob - 997 -Tryp Booked for Mon and Tues
16. Porsche Torque - 996.2 GT3
17. Porsche Torques Mate - BMW Alpina - Tryp booked for Mon
18. MJA911 - 997.1 GT3 - Tryp booked for Monday
19. Mr Pub + Passenger Adrian - 997.2 Turbo S - Tryp booked Monday
20. LoFi - 996 turbo - Tryp booked Mon
21. Porkee + passenger Martin 997 1.5 Turbo Tryp booked Mon Tues.
22. Squelch - 997 GTS - Tryp booked for Mon & Tues.
23. hopeydaze - 993C2 - Tryp booked Monday and Tuesday
24. Budflicker - 996C4S - Tryp booked
25. Osh - 996 C4S Cab - Tryp booked Monday and Tuesday
26. JohnnyDangerous & Nursey - Nissan GTR-R35 -Tryp booked Monday and Tuesday
27. easternjets - 997.2 Turbo - Tryp booked Monday & Tuesday
28. muzotn12+1 - 997 C4S - Tryp booked Monday & Tuesday
29. Sonic - 997 C2S - Tryp booked Monday & Tuesday

I've now booked everything and will be revisiting my favourite bits of the last 4 years in a 2 night 'whistle-stop' tour if anyone fancies tagging along.

Sunday 29th April

08.00 arrive at Le Shuttle, Folkestone

8.50 am Shuttle (£67) High/Wide carriage booked.

6 hours (including stops) to Nurburg

Possible lap of The Nurburgring. Definite tour of the Eifel Forest roads surrounding it.

Meal at the famous Pistenklause Restaurant with Johnny Dangerous, Nursey, budflicker, askgeez and a few others.

Stay at the Hotel Dorint - (walking distance from the Pistenklause).

Monday 30th April

Spectating at The Ring and a cross Country blat to the picturesque Moselle riverside town of Cochem.

pm. Head North to visit 'The Classsic Remise' Car Collection at Dusseldorf.

On to Oberhausen for an evening meal with the 911uk contingent at The Pagoda Pan-Asian Buffet.

Stay at The Tryp Hotel in Oberhausen

Tuesday 1st May

12 mile drive to attend the Porschefreunde Show at Dinslaken

Depart early afternoon (approximately 2pm)

4 hour drive and a couple of stops to be at Calais for 7.50pm shuttle (£71) home. High/Wide carriage booked.

Arrive in Folkestone at 7.25pm UK time.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back