Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Are 993''s dead now

stuttgartmetal

Never seems to be the craic on this forum anymore.
It used to be a bit of a laugh
With the value held in these cars now, has the fun all gone ?
Usually loads on the 96 and 97 fora, it's all gone a bit musty on here
Like an old house that hasn't been lived in.

I'm assuming that like Norwegian Blue parrots they aren't dead, they're just resting and will wake from hibernation on April 1st.

I believe a few are flying south together in May.

I've just upped the value on mine by £10k based on zingari advice. When they asked me to confirm the mileage on it........"its not changed" :grin:

A good dozen regular contributors here are now using a What's App group following a couple of successful 993 trips abroad. As I'm sure you all know, very easy to share pictures etc. I suspect that's a good part of the reason traffic here has slowed.

Big 993 trip scheduled for April. As Donald once said;"It's gonna be great"

'Craic" .. it's an oirish thing Stuts, you need to do a trip over here to find it!

To be fair though this forum has gone very dead, maybe we've run out of things to say , seeing as our cars are so massively solid?

I'd say this is still the go to place when you have a tech 993 question, but inevitably most of the old girls are tucked up for winter! Having driven mine in a snow storm last month, I can thoroughly recommend...never trying that!

We'll come out of hibernation over the next few weeks.

jonttt said:
I've just upped the value on mine by £10k based on zingari advice. When they asked me to confirm the mileage on it........"its not changed" :grin:

:floor:

Certainly quieter than when I joined a couple of years ago.

I guess most of the tech questions have been answered and not many are interested in mods or customising.

I blame the illuminati...

:coat:

I heard a rumour (allegedly started by the Illuminati) that talking about 993s would devalue them, hence the silence in hear :grin:

Personally I put it down to hibernation period and some key players leaving the forum (eg. clarkycat, GT4, etc.)

highway said:
Big 993 trip scheduled for April. As Donald once said;"It's gonna be great"

I take it you do know I'm coming along :what:

Plus I'm having some trouble with that turd of an iPhone I bought so I'm behind the curve on what's up on what's app :roll:

Jasus Zingers ...... when the fck are going to get up to speed on that phone ........ mind you are we are having a lot of fun taking the piss while you are not present ......... :floor:

What became of the prolific poster formerly referred to as GT4?

stuttgartmetal said:
Never seems to be the craic on this forum anymore.
It used to be a bit of a laugh
With the value held in these cars now, has the fun all gone ?
Usually loads on the 96 and 97 fora, it's all gone a bit musty on here
Like an old house that hasn't been lived in.

The 997 is the new 993 simples :thumb:

I'll accept that so long as the 996 is the new 964 :grin:

alex yates said:
I'll accept that so long as the 996 is the new 964 :grin:

Of course :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back