Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Royal Steering Wheels

dp400

I've just placed an order with Jack at Royal Steering wheels for an exchange wheel in leather but thicker as the 997 wheel is just too thin in my opinion.

He tells me the new wheel is only going to be 2mm thicker than standard as thats what he normally does with a 997 wheel.

However only 2mm sounds hardly noticeable to me. Has anyone on here had their wheel redone 2mm thicker, and if so did the 2mm make a noticeable difference to the look and feel?

Thanks in advance

Dave

I had mine done a few months ago and when jack told Me it was 2mm thicker I thought the same! But it does make a big difference and very pleased. Not expensive either imo 👍

Attachments

• d8ef609e_44d0_47cc_bf0d_55a0bece0c55_166.jpeg
    d8ef609e_44d0_47cc_bf0d_55a0bece0c55_166.jpeg
    386.7 KB · Views: 2,525
I had a wheel covered by Jack for another car of mine, thinking it wasn't thick enough and wondering the same as you, would 2mm really make a difference?.

The result, a fantastic looking wheel, no complaints there, but after a month of using it it was actually too thick for me, i didn't feel i could get a nice grip around the wheel that was comfortable in all situations (and i don't have small hands). I went back to my standard wheel.

So i think you will be surprised how big a difference the 2mm will make, unless you've got yeti hands ;)

Had mine done by Jack two years ago and it still looks new! 2mm will make all the difference, it's what I had too.

Great value for the price :thumb:

IMG_1558.jpg

[/url]

silvermilnec said:
I had mine done a few months ago and when jack told Me it was 2mm thicker I thought the same! But it does make a big difference and very pleased. Not expensive either imo 👍

beautiful

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back