Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GTS Damaged....what the consensus on this?

I'm assuming it will be a Cat D (or whatever the new rating is). If that's the case it'll be worth c66% the cost of a straight car.

Even IF the equivalent straight car would be worth the £71k that the seller claims that makes its value when repaired about £48k so I reckon the £40k being asked for it in its current condition is pretty steep.

There was a Cat D really nice convertible GTS last year or so. That was 40k fixed and was supposedly a very good job. I was very tempted in fact, I wish I'd gone for it at that price. It had been through the 111 check and was straight.

Needs the obvious .... o/s wing, bumper, undertray?, wing liners etc, maybe air con rad etc. I reckon I could fix the o/s door, the n/s wing will repair ok.
The only concern I would have is whether the front is across. It doesn`t show a straight front on shot with bonnet shut so would assume it will need jigging back straight. Also not sure about sill area on o/s ... is that a moulding or part of the shell ?

Chaser, the sill is a bolt on part for the WB cars its moulded on the shell on the NB cars. my initial thoughts when I looked at it was early 30k's was the right money :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Chaser, the sill is a bolt on part for the WB cars its moulded on the shell on the NB cars. my initial thoughts when I looked at it was early 30k's was the right money :thumb:

My thoughts too .... at that money it could be finished for the asking price, which I think is more realistic and would be a bargain if a long term keeper/track day beast etc :puh:

I noted the airbag didn't go off, suggesting a low speed final hit in the front left :?:

To be a bargain I would say £30 -£35K you wouldn't mind fixing it then

Not worth more than £20K tops.

Repair using new genuine parts/labour will be £15-20K.

Agree, damage apprears minor and at the right end of the car. Will also need new crash/bumper bar but ifavoiding OPC prices and doing most of it yourself it looks doable within a couple of grand.

The ask is too much though, but if someone has the folding at the ready it would be well worth making an offer..

I wouldnt touch it, damage above o/s front wheel will almost certainly have been a side impact where most of the force will have been lateral and onto the wheel. It will never drive straight again in my opinion. I bet it crabs like hell even with a total front suspension replacement.

25 bags in my book :bandit:

Description suggests airbags deployed, so presumably needs several and some interior trim.
Possibly also seat valet (!)

Does not look too bad at all to be fair. A heavy side impact would have 'popped" a lot of the trim, screen, lights etc... which all look fine. The main issue seems to be the bottom of the door frame above the sill but I've seen a lot worse. My guess is it won't need jigging and to all intents and purposes it may only be cosmetic damage.

I have no idea on prices though.

Seeing as I've just paid £300 for a 4S radiator fan, the mind boggles when considering how much that lot would cost to put right...

At what point do Insurance cos write a car off, in terms of repair cost as % of pre-damaged value? That should give a steer as to cost.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back