Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 at 911 virgin...

kas750

Vanilla 996's are very much on the up!
http://www.911virgin.com/porscheforsale/1257/996(3.6)C2Manual/

They haven't sold it yet....

To me a vanilla 996 is an early 3.4 with a cable throttle. That one has a glovebox. God know what they scrimped on to get that to work.

MC

MisterCorn said:
They haven't sold it yet....

To me a vanilla 996 is an early 3.4 with a cable throttle. That one has a glovebox. God know what they scrimped on to get that to work.

MC

Absolutely spot on but I thought I would let someone else say it :floor:

:fisherman:

MC

This link caused me to dig out my notes from when I was looking for my first 911.

Sure enough, this car is very similar to several that I considered buying at that price ..................... in 2009.

...£23k in 2009 is roughly equivalent to nearly £30k today ...

GMG said:

True, but in 2009 that car would only have been 5 years old.

More relevant to the OP's point is that this car would have been advertised 4 years ago for well under £20k.

I had a conundrum in 2007 over whether to tick the bucket list item of going racing in single-seaters or to buy a 911. 996s were around £16k for the cheapest at the time, and I went racing, reasoning that the younger I was when I raced, the better the performance was that I would put in(I set a lap record at Donington for my class that stood for several years). Fast forward a few years and I bought a cable throttle MO30, LSD, Aerokit equipped car for £8750. I reckon the market would support that car at around £15k now. I reckon I made the right choice.

Martin996RSR said:
I had a conundrum in 2007 over whether to tick the bucket list item of going racing in single-seaters or to buy a 911. 996s were around £16k for the cheapest at the time, and I went racing, reasoning that the younger I was when I raced, the better the performance was that I would put in(I set a lap record at Donington for my class that stood for several years). Fast forward a few years and I bought a cable throttle MO30, LSD, Aerokit equipped car for £8750. I reckon the market would support that car at around £15k now. I reckon I made the right choice.

Reckon you did! 8)

T8 said:
GMG said:

True, but in 2009 that car would only have been 5 years old.

More relevant to the OP's point is that this car would have been advertised 4 years ago for well under £20k.

Another play on numbers is that for an extra 12k (the mythical 10k+vat M96 engine build cost) you can have a 996 turbo..

http://www.911virgin.com/porscheforsale/1254/996TurboCoupeManual/

Do you feel lucky? :mrgreen:

Indeed, that's another example of how 996 values have changed.

Now = a 17 year old car with 97k miles up for £34,995

5 years ago (when I bought mine) = a 9 year old car with 48k miles cost me £29,995.

I think that the only conclusion here is that other than 991s (still too new, though even those can already be surprisingly stable), 911s in general are not and probably will not get any cheaper until perhaps at least such time as it starts to become problematic to run internal combustion engined cars at all (which despite the rise of electric is still a very, very long way away).

Much is made of the price spike of things like GT2/GT3 and even Turbos over the last few years, but there is not a lot of mention given to the people (and they aren't rare - we all know some) who bought 996.1 Carreras within the last 5-6 years and are now contented by a 50-65% increase in the value of their cars. Some are in profit even after running costs :thumb:

Not much to add apart from it does look like a nice example & what I have read about 911v it will be sorted

Bought one of my cars from them a few years ago. They spent around £5k with one of the local Porsche Indy's getting stuff sorted out (rads, slight gearbox leak, stuck actuator, tyres, service etc etc)

They didn't quibble about any of the pre-purchase inspection findings - sorted them all out pre-sale for me :thumb:

A month on and it is still unsold!
Rick

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back