Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine Mounts

yacht broker

thinking that i might change the engine mounts on my 997 as part of a general refresh.

i was reading up on RSS etc and these seem to work out at around £400 the pair.

i don;t do many miles and i don;t drive hard. For £220 i can get a pair of o/e spec standard mounts via local motor factors.

is it really worth spending double?

Depends what you want. I'd only fit those if I was using my car for tracking and wanted the extra stability. There's downsides to it though, like increased NVH, etc.

I dont track in the 997. I did fit new porsche mounts last year . I noticed exhaust tips sat marginally higher, improved gear changes and better rear end handling.

Mounts fail and sag after time. New mounts restores the status quo.

In your circumstances , you cant go wrong with stock mounts

I've been mulling this... standard is the way to go IMO.

Money saved can go toward a Function First billet steel gearshift bushing kit which will sharpen up the shift even more noticeably without introducing any NVH, is my plan...

Robertb said:

Money saved can go toward a Function First billet steel gearshift bushing kit which will sharpen up the shift even more noticeably without introducing any NVH, is my plan...

Robert is that the FF shift right kit , I also have been looking at that :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Robertb said:

Robert is that the FF shift right kit , I also have been looking at that :thumb:

Yup, that's the one Phil, I meant alu not steel.
http://www.function-first.com/products/engine-trans/shift-right-solution
Want to get one for my 996 4S, a bit worried about fitting it...

Sorry for the hijack OP.

Robertb said:
Phil 997 said:
Robertb said:

Yup, that's the one Phil, I meant alu not steel.
http://www.function-first.com/products/engine-trans/shift-right-solution
Want to get one for my 996 4S, a bit worried about fitting it...

Sorry for the hijack OP.

I spoke to Luka at FF he said they wont fit an aftermarket SSK without some serious messing but will be fine for any OE shifters so I need to fit the OE SSK first with the nasty plastic bushings then fit the shift right to that to get the metal bolt action that you get with the gt3 shifter .
The other option for you if worried about fitting is the made up shifter they do "drop in" a bit more money but its build up ready to just be fitted . :thumb:

So I am now on the look out for a used OE 997 SSK if anyone has or knows of one :thumb:

Has anyone tried one of these shifters?
Looks quite interesting.

Just ordered some RSS mounts, will let you know how I get on once fitted :D

weebz said:

Where did you purchas the mounts from? Looking to do mine the same time as replacing the heat shields

chris-chaloner said:
weebz said:

Where did you purchas the mounts from? Looking to do mine the same time as replacing the heat shields

D911, got 10% off so circa £390 delivered, cheapest I could find.

JZM have a set in for £408

With all the talk of Function First, they seem to do their own engine mounts too. Has anybody tried them?

Also, any recommendations on the best place to get genuine OEM enigine mounts at a good price alternatively?

I have a set of FF semi semi solid engine mounts , I was going to run them on my car but due to an engine issue I had I need to keep it as it is for a while to ensure its now all ok , so I am selling the mounts if anyone is interested and wants to save the import duty and shipping cost. let me know :thumb: :thumb:

I havent got around to doing an ad yet but they are avail for £200 plus post , which is a saving of £100 on the imported price . :thumb:

I think we can establish I need new engine mounts, I assume the date is the date of manufacture 05/10/2006??

Attachments

• img_0643_193.jpg
    img_0643_193.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3,498
Phil 997 said:
I have a set of FF semi semi solid engine mounts , I was going to run them on my car but due to an engine issue I had I need to keep it as it is for a while to ensure its now all ok , so I am selling the mounts if anyone is interested and wants to save the import duty and shipping cost. let me know :thumb: :thumb:

I havent got around to doing an ad yet but they are avail for £200 plus post , which is a saving of £100 on the imported price . :thumb:

these are now sold :thumb: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back