Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 GT3 10 Year engine warranty

david_yorkshire

New MD; so I thought I'd drop him an email...

Thank you for your email addressed to Alexander Pollich, our Managing Director.

I am sorry to read of the issues you have described regarding your Porsche GT3. Please accept my apologies on behalf of Porsche Cars Great Britain Limited.

With regards to your Porsche GT3 and the 10 year warranty, I can confirm that the warranty on internal engine components will last for ten years as from the new vehicle delivery date, or until the total mileage is 194,000 kilometres or 120,000 miles, depending on which comes first.

I appreciate your concern that you were not notified of the warranty. Please be assured that there was no intention to cause you any frustration.

Thank you for contacting Alexander and for your continued support in Porsche.

That's good to know - thanks for posting the outcome.

As I recall it, your car is already on a G-spec engine, so you should be free from any worries anyway...? Or did you have some specific concers that led you to ask for this confirmation?

James

You mean like selling it? :floor:

thanks Nick !:pc: :pc: :pc:

yes, I did have a specific reason, and yes I'm already on a G series engine.

Looks like the RS day at Oulton this year claimed another one; :sad:

Came in at the flag for lunch, and could hear a ticking noise (even with helmet on).
Sounded like it was coming from the right side of the engine.

Let it idle for a few mins, no change so popped off to Shell for fuel
Got back to the pits - still ticking
(no warning lights at all)
Couple of guys approached me and said they had heard the noise earlier in the day, but it was louder now. (great...)
Car felt absolutely normal to drive.

Called up OPC & they advised recovery.
Declined at that point and headed off home, thoroughly pissed off.

Again the car felt 'normal' other than the ticking.

Spoke to an Indy on the way down - who confirmed my suspicions - most likely tappets.

Got home OK, & had car recovered into OPC.
Who have sat on it for a week without opening it up, as their one and only engine hoist was in use...
Porsche AG authorised them to drop the engine & remove right hand cam cover for inspection...

I have an extended warranty, so wasn't worried about replacement / cost, but it did prompt me to contact PCGB's new MD - I was quite surprised to get a response fairly quickly, stating that the engines are covered by the 10 yr / 120K miles FOC warranty.

So, lets see how long it takes to get the car back on the road this time !

Break it once at Oulton = unlucky
Break it twice at Oulton = jinxed

But seriously David, that's really bad news. I can't believe that it's still a problem after all this time. Poor show by Porsche.

What have they stuck you in this time while it's away?

david_yorkshire said:
Spoke to an Indy on the way down - who confirmed my suspicions - most likely tappets.

Could be the valve levers?

See technical bulletins attached.

Good luck with it!

Attachments

• 991_gt3_tb1_731.png
    991_gt3_tb1_731.png
    224.5 KB · Views: 5,949
  • 991_gt3_tb_114.png
    991_gt3_tb_114.png
    142.4 KB · Views: 5,949
I know...
got an E class Merc

I did complain to Porsche GB, they said they couldn't give anything that wasn't on the Enterprise list; I then informed them that they have Huracans & Ferraris on their rental list.... Didn't go down well !

OPC have said that if it is lifters, it will be a replacement engine rather than repair. This is the guidance from Porsche AG.

Realistically, it means I'll be without the car for 4-5 weeks.

And then another running in period - if I can actually be bothered with that. might just pick it up from the OPC when its done and go straight to a track.
That should get it run in nicely

It's rubbish, isn't it?

I knew I was right in sticking to the best engine they ever made :worship:

It does help that Porsche have slapped a 10 year warranty on the engine.

Regarding the engine warranty....

I know a lot of GT3 cars have subtle modifications to the exhaust systems i.e Sharkwerks bypass or Akrapovic etc..

Knowing how ***** Porsche can be regarding warranty's & modifications.

Is your engine warranty okay if you have modded your GT3?

who knows.... I dont

I'm surprised that there isn't a typical 'legal' communication from Porsche that states T&C's of the additional warranty.

I could view it that as there are no conditions or terms applied in the email from Porsche that you can do what you like with it.

NXI20 said:
It's rubbish, isn't it?

Got to admit I ve had my 997 GT3 for 51/2 years and have total faith in the Mezger. Lovey engine with loads of character.

evodarren said:
NXI20 said:
It's rubbish, isn't it?

Got to admit I ve had my 997 GT3 for 51/2 years and have total faith in the Mezger. Lovey engine with loads of character.

Yeah but you want a 991 gt3 he he HE HE

Bigfra said:
evodarren said:
NXI20 said:
It's rubbish, isn't it?

Lol How are you getting on with yours Fraser.

My crystal ball says the 997 GT3 are going to increase this year. :grin:
Or my fortune teller could be drastically wrong. :sad:

evodarren said:
Bigfra said:
evodarren said:
NXI20 said:
It's rubbish, isn't it?

Lol How are you getting on with yours Fraser.

My crystal ball says the 997 GT3 are going to increase this year. :grin:
Or my fortune teller could be drastically wrong. :sad:

Love it mate. It's some car, first track day of the year for me on the 18th April so I am looking forward to that.

the Merc loaner is going back.
I'm getting a brand new Cayman S to play with tomorrow until mine is fixed
New engine arrives Friday, should be back home with me next friday.
fingers crossed
Well done OPC Cambs !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back