Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche tax !

KP964

Indianapolis
I just find this obscene , "door handle trigger" for my 964 .. less than three inches long £80.88 FFS :damn:

Attachments

• door_handle_trigger_porsche_964_213.jpg
    door_handle_trigger_porsche_964_213.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 3,270
Trying buying a pair of door handles for an old 968!

Same thing!

You need to get a 3 D printer and start knocking them out!

Not just Porsche, stuff like that is expensive with a lot of German cos... door pull trim for our old X5 was £££.

Tell me about it Keith. My car has just gone to the bodyshop so I rang Porsche Centre Newcastle yesterday for all new clips, door handle gaskets, etc. The prices are absolutely shocking!!

There's a long thin rubber seal runs around each roof gutter rail. They're £30 each plus vat. So that's £72 for two thin bits of rubber. :frustrated:

Looks like I'll be reusing more than I thought. Luckily most of my parts are fine, including the above, but I usually have a rule of replacing everything on a certain project. Not anymore though.

There's the Porsche tax, then there's having your intelligence insulted. :grin:

And to think I used to wince at £600 for 964 rear lights and reflector. At least they make a huge difference to the look of the car. :wink:

With memory seats

Passenger side - brace and drop your pants :thumb:

3 switches - all opc - fitted indy - Revolution Brighouse

Seat adjuster £299 / 2 control buttons £20 a pop

Nuts

I recon they just make it up.

I fitted new radiators to my 996T last year.
Thought I'd change the hoses also.
The top breather hoses about 30cm long, one was 7.50 the other, identical but handed differently was 27.50.
I enquired why but was told 'dunno that's the price'

OPC, I didi get my 10% off tho just for asking :thumb:

Welcome to the most expensive woman you'll ever meet; Pat (Porsche added tax)

Me I just don't get their pricing.

Trying to big up the "classics" as a tribute to how good they are, 944 bits have gone stupid, compared to what I used to pay, must be manufacturing costs.
Front wing used to be circa £180, no change from £700 now, must be special German steel :?:

Rear headrest for our Ford Kuga £208 plus vat. Two week wait as part coming from Germany as Ford say no UK stock shown anywhere.

Seat control unit for a 996 - £900 :eek:

Ridiculous.

Osh

Osh said:
Seat control unit for a 996 - £900 :eek:

Ridiculous.

Osh
I think that gets first prize :) all i have to do now is figure out how to get my door handle off and fit the new trigger , should take me about 10 hours tomorrow :nooo:

Arm rest and door panel off, membrane cut open, then it is held in with two (8mm, maybe 7mm) nuts, and of course one of them is a real PItA to get to. If you find it and manage to do it, you will realise that that was the easy one!

Good luck.

TBF it's not too bad, just work through it methodically.

Please post 'before' and 'after' pics of your knuckles.

😄

PS

I see the Porsche tax applies to delivery too. £7:45 and then VAT added for good measure. :hand:

PeterS said:
Arm rest and door panel off, membrane cut open, then it is held in with two (8mm, maybe 7mm) nuts, and of course one of them is a real PItA to get to. If you find it and manage to do it, you will realise that that was the easy one!

Good luck.

TBF it's not too bad, just work through it methodically.

Please post 'before' and 'after' pics of your knuckles.

😄

PS

I see the Porsche tax applies to delivery too. £7:45 and then VAT added for good measure. :hand:

Thanks Pete that gives me a bit more confidence :grin:

£250 + takes the mickey for a moll battery !

Or £35 for a boggo exhaust clamp !

Or £250 for an exhaust hanger bracket , which WAS only £60 ten years ago :evil:

Still the cars are to die for and dont they just know it ...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back