Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 pdk steering wheel on 997.2

badbox

Is this possible?

yes, 100% possible, you will need the following adapter to get all the multifunction controls to work - no affiliation but people in north america have been using this adapter to get the 991.2 (macan, cayenne, gt4) steering wheel to work in 991.1, 997.2, 997.1 (with 997.2 steering wheel controller ending in .01)

your car being 997.2 already has the newer steering wheel module so it shouldnt be too complicated of you.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbDc4BcjVMXOy2PsZ_80rofnKj9Kc0m9z

https://gpsadapter.us

badbox said:

Is this possible?

Nigel99 has done this swap on his 997.2 and I am sure he told me he used ether the same adaptor or similar to the one in myw link . PM him for more info :thumb: you will also need the domed airbag as the round gen2/991.1 airbag isnt the same :thumb:

So the PDK paddles , the multifunction buttons and the heated steering will all work?

When you complete it, make sure you post up pics :thumb:

yes absolute EVERYTHING will work - make sure you contact the adapter owner with clear instructions so that the correct adapter is sent, as it does differ re heated wheel and vehicle type (from what i know).

yes i was amazed and shocked too !

badbox said:
So the PDK paddles , the multifunction buttons and the heated steering will all work?

myw said:
yes absolute EVERYTHING will work - make sure you contact the adapter owner with clear instructions so that the correct adapter is sent, as it does differ re heated wheel and vehicle type (from what i know).

badbox said:

Ok which adapter do I go for.

I have a 997.2 with heated steering and pdk and multifuntion

the link above or is there a uk site I can purchase from

https://gpsadapter.us/

click that link - he is the only guy that makes this adapter and cracked the programming code in order to do so i believe.

badbox said:
myw said:

badbox said:

Ok which adapter do I go for.

I have a 997.2 with heated steering and pdk and multifuntion

the link above or is there a uk site I can purchase from

I've done it with that adapter, I just did the option without heated.

As I have a 997.2 and some o fthe wiring similar to 991 shall I attempt to fit the wheel first and see whats needed before I order the adapter from the states. Is there a chance I might not need the adapter as Im sure I cant return it

If you want the controls to work on a 991 wheel in a 997.2 you need the interface from the states.

Sorry to go off topic. I like the 997 SportDesign SW better than the 991 SW. Is the SD 997 SW now out of stock, and only available second hand? Is the 991 option the only way? Design 911 have the Cayman steering wheels in stock I think.

keendean said:
Sorry to go off topic. I like the 997 SportDesign SW better than the 991 SW. Is the SD 997 SW now out of stock, and only available second hand? Is the 991 option the only way? Design 911 have the Cayman steering wheels in stock I think.

the 991+997 sport design wheels are the same part - diff part number, which is why the airbags also fit interchangeably

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back