Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

c2 3.4 air intake hose - silicone hose and bung

NLW73

I want to change the oem set up which has that diverter to the air box and put the bung in and silicone hose so that its open all the time

am sure someone done this through a small motorsport supplier for the hose but can't find it?

any help welcome. thanks

Hi NLW

I have done this and you can buy the hose from eBay, search ASH silicone hose, you will need the 45 deg "long" bend but I forget the dia so measure the opening at the throttle body and airbox.

When it arrives you will need to cut it down which is best done with a scaple.

The resonator unscrews and a simple plastic unbranded wheel centre cap a couple of quid again from eBay is the best way to fill he hole.

Hope this helps :thumb:

thanks harv and that's another option for me.

do you mean sth like this then? I will need to measure the end of the OEM piping then to get it to fit. I think they are either 70mm or 76mm for the standard Carrera.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/45-Degre...hash=item4cfc52e0ff:m:mGWYIEQwJpnW1yIsajpswXQ

I found the link here and its the Helmholtz Resonator delete that I meant!!

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1386786

I might look at a 997 airbox too as they just look a bit better than the 996 one too.

thanks for that and found it here:
https://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/S...r_the_Porsche_996_19982002--product--168.html

i was told that you can just get a bung, put it in the hole to the Helmholz and then put the original hose back over and it has the same effect. I got a bung cheap and am going to try this.

maybe the OEM rubber is not strong enough and hence will get the additional silicon hose to finish it off.

if you really want to get more air flowing and more noise then you have to gut the resonator and plug up the holes.

This is what I did before developing the hose with Samco, just a cut down spray can lid. Its a tight fit and the jubilee clip clamps it too so no chance of releasing like a bung could:

VioHGiS.jpg

Nick , unlike the 997.1 which has a plastic welded resinator box the 996 resinator box is only screwed in place , I suggest you unscrew and remove the entire resinator box this will mean you need a bung not a cap as the lip the cap fits on is part of the resinator box. removal of the resinator will give you 30% more air filter exposed and able to filter the air, the BMC sports filter actually filters to a smaller micron partical than the stock filter so not only flows air more freely but filters better as well . :thumb: :thumb:

To plug the hole left in the 996 airbox once the resonator box is removed you can use plumbing fittings or a wheel centre cap sealed with some silicon. Pictures show it test fitted, I would have sprayed it black but ended up fitting a 997 airbox instead.:

ALr0oQ7.jpg

RRigBzY.jpg

What is the point of this? Is it intake sound?

MC

MisterCorn said:
What is the point of this? Is it intake sound?

MC

and a free flowing better breathing engine , helps get rid of the muffled gasping wheezy sound of the stock engine :thumb: :thumb: gets better cold air induction into the engine :grin:

arggh be jeezus now you tell me lads.

i will try to removethat part then phil and report back

NLW73 said:

Ha ha
Slippery slope.

MC

NLW73 said:

:floor: :floor: :floor: Nick its all part of the fun mate , you will be able to refit that airbox with your eyes closed soon :grin: :thumb:

steve r said:
To plug the hole left in the 996 airbox once the resonator box is removed you can use plumbing fittings or a wheel centre cap sealed with some silicon. Pictures show it test fitted, I would have sprayed it black but ended up fitting a 997 airbox instead.:

ALr0oQ7.jpg

RRigBzY.jpg

I don't suppose that luck would have it that the wheel centre cap is the same diameter as the Porsche centre caps?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back