Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

06 plate 3.8 997 stage one remap

proctor44

Looking at getting stage 1 remap done on my 997 but have no idea where to take it or if it will do the engine any good.
The car aready has lower water temp switch and a few other things done to it
Any help thanks

Phil will be along with a list of Mod's to carry out prior to the remap for best gains.
Obvious ones are BMC air filter and 200cell cats (see TopGear 20% discount group buy thread on here).
You will be hounded for not posting a photo of your car so chop chop :wink:

I heard the BMC filters produce no power gains?

:welcome: :cop:

ef1eaee1fdd15b50e1fbf89aa521d903.jpg

:grin:

b9boy said:
Maybe not on their own but I believe they have a higher flow rate which, when coupled with cat/exhaust work, provide performance and noise enhancements.

Scholester said:
b9boy said:
Maybe not on their own but I believe they have a higher flow rate which, when coupled with cat/exhaust work, provide performance and noise enhancements.

I'm considering them for noise benefits only. Cold air induction kit sorted and I have the PSE so makes sense to do the filters at some point but what I've read elsewhere has led me to the conclusion not to expect any gains. I'm fine with that because i dont actually want any....just a better noise please :)

b9boy said:
Scholester said:
b9boy said:

I'm considering them for noise benefits only. Cold air induction kit sorted and I have the PSE so makes sense to do the filters at some point but what I've read elsewhere has led me to the conclusion not to expect any gains. I'm fine with that because i dont actually want any....just a better noise please :)
Filters won't break the bank so definitely worth the outlay.

Scholester said:
Phil will be along with a list of Mod's to carry out prior to the remap for best gains.
Obvious ones are BMC air filter and 200cell cats (see TopGear 20% discount group buy thread on here).
You will be hounded for not posting a photo of your car so chop chop :wink:
Its just had a the front resprayed and gt3 grill but in so haven't got any up to date pictures of it yet hopefully get it washed and pictures up this weekend

proctor44 said:
Heres what she currently looks like
Photos can be a bit of a 'mare to post so keep trying!

attempt 2

Attachments

• 20180318_171723_975.jpg
    20180318_171723_975.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4,371
I know that car.........Adam !
Who did the paint ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member