Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ANOTHER NICE S FROM 911V

NIBrown

This looks to be another cracking car from 911V, but I think I preferred the black one as there seem to be fewer around.

Doubt this one will hang around for long.....

What is a 60K miler worth if 86K is worth 85 large?

Who said that prices were dropping :D

Attachments

• capture_158.jpg
    capture_158.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 6,124
No doubt it's a nice car but that 2S wins every time being Black and RWD. :thumb:

C.

That 4S is lovely. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the status changes to "DEPOSIT PAID" by this time next week. Strong money, but there is still a demand for solid WB 993's.

Done their dough. As a 4S I'd have expected it to be up for more :roll:

Seller most likely got in the 7's :what:

Offer your opinions, all valid
911V priced at market demand

If tosh your needs Hendon Way absolutely

NIBrown said:
This looks to be another cracking car from 911V, but I think I preferred the black one as there seem to be fewer around.

The 911V PR Department says thanks for the Caps Lock !

A 60,000 miler in this condition would be worth more. I'd say an extra £5K. An inferior 60,000 miler would be worth less. With these older cars the devil is very much in the detail. Values can swing by several grand depending on the last last few percent of condition. To attribute value based on mileage, colour scheme, spec is to assume they're all the same in terms of their quality. Admitedly some cars, though less good, may have more curb appeal with an associated value added, but on the whole condition is, and always will be, king.....Needless to say our car's a s h i t t e r ! :thumb:

TomH said:
NIBrown said:

A 60,000 miler in this condition would be worth more. I'd say an extra £5K. An inferior 60,000 miler would be worth less. With these older cars the devil is very much in the detail. Values can swing by several grand depending on the last last few percent of condition. To attribute value based on mileage, colour scheme, spec is to assume they're all the same in terms of their quality. Admitedly some cars, though less good, may have more curb appeal with an associated value added, but on the whole condition is, and always will be, king.....Needless to say our car's a s h i t t e r ! :thumb:

:thumb: Tom - precise and true

TomH said:
NIBrown said:

YOU ARE WELCOME TOM :thumb:

Not that much difference then. I suppose the differences, condition and all other attributes the same, are bigger if the mileage is super low?

Haven't seen any 'S' models advertised over 100 large yet, well at least I don't think I have, that seems to be reserved for the TT

Good luck with the sale, doubt it will hang around for any time
:thumbs:

Smoke and mirrors :dont know: But true it's hard to polish a turd though many have tried :what:

Interested in a SOR on my 964 :?:

NIBrown said:
TomH said:
NIBrown said:

YOU ARE WELCOME TOM :thumb:

Not that much difference then. I suppose the differences, condition and all other attributes the same, are bigger if the mileage is super low?

Haven't seen any 'S' models advertised over 100 large yet, well at least I don't think I have, that seems to be reserved for the TT

Good luck with the sale, doubt it will hang around for any time
:thumbs:

I would agree with you entirely. The influence of condition on value is more marked when the relationship between condition and mileage is proportional.
Unsually, this is rarely the case though. More often than not the lower mileage cars we see are more tired, often used in towns / cities and as such experience more of the things that cars don't like - operating hours, cold cycles, clutch work, gear changes, traffic calming measures and higher operating temps to name a few. Equally problematic can be the cars that just sit around unused and unserviced. The mileage might be low but time's the killer and owners are less inclined to invest money into cars they don't use.

The most expensive wide bodied 993 we've sold appeared on the website towards the back end of last year. A concours 30,000 1998 993 4S in special order Cobalt Blue with every conceivable option. The car had previously been owned by Christian Horner of Red Bull for several years. It sold for £120K and found a home very quickly. One of those rare occasions where condition was commensurate with mileage and servicing had been carried out annually irrespective of distance travelled.

Look forward to buying your car off you in the near future. I'm waiting for that phone call !

Cheers
Tom 911Virgin

Go on Tom offer him 25 bags :D eh I think he blanked you Zingers

I need to get mine out and drive it this year :grin:

993 C4S, cream of the crop :thumb:

TomH said:
The most expensive wide bodied 993 we've sold appeared on the website towards the back end of last year. A concours 30,000 1998 993 4S in special order Cobalt Blue with every conceivable option. The car had previously been owned by Christian Horner of Red Bull for several years. It sold for £120K and found a home very quickly. One of those rare occasions where condition was commensurate with mileage and servicing had been carried out annually irrespective of distance travelled.

Look forward to buying your car off you in the near future. I'm waiting for that phone call !

Cheers
Tom 911Virgin

That sounds amazing... did it have the X51 3.8 engine?

Never seen a 993 in Cobalt.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back