Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Retro fit heated seats.

MMT

I had my seats retro fitted with heaters today at this place. Takes a day and £399. Switch mounted on the side of the seat base and has low and high setting. Takes about a minute to warm up and soon need putting on the low setting.
http://motor-fit.co.uk/heated-seat-conversion/

Shame they didn't fit the switches in the bat wing. Would have passed as factory fit then :dont know:

Nice to be able to have though either way. :thumb:

I asked them to fit them in the batwing panel, but he rang to say when they removed it there was loads of stuff behind. The switch lights up red in the high position and green in the low position and is quite bright. So I think it's probably best where it is in the seat.
I sent him this pic which has the same switches as mine.

Attachments

• f47cdfbe_860c_4c5f_a708_7542f7f2dac2_135.jpeg
    f47cdfbe_860c_4c5f_a708_7542f7f2dac2_135.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 4,696
It's just difficult to irritate your passenger by sneakily turning on their heated seat when they are not looking..
Great addition for a soft top car, barely used the heated seats on my daily 5 series, would use them if i Had them on my vert for top down when it's cold

If i had a car then i would HAVE to have heated seats so a good conversion as far as im conerened .

I do have heated handle bar grips though :D .

Reminds me of a cutomer that turned up with his heated steering wheel stuck on .. it was 10 mins before i could drive it into the workshop !!

He drove it to us with thick leather gloves on and alternated hands !

I love heated seats...oh and a sunroof.. I love a car with a sunroof too,despite people looking for early cars without one..could never understand that one ...

I like A sunroof too, I think the search for one without is for the perception you are having an unessisary heavier item in this sports car but I can't imagine it adds any significant weight: I think you need a sunroof in a couple unless it's a serious track car that never sees the road

I'm wondering how the customer would have had to dress if his heated seats and steering wheel had stuck on? Padded laderhosen to go with the gloves??

The GF even had her heated seat on all holiday on the French Riviera. Ideal with a cab though, can't imagine not having them.

I'm really pleased with them. Just in time for this cold spell this weekend too. 😎

Do you have any pics of the Install? I'd be interested in getting this. How did they get the power connected and is there a fuse that one can pull in case it gets stuck like Demort's example ?

C

Good to see it done , there was a place in Salisbury that does them similar money :thumb: :thumb:

asterix_the_gaul said:
I'm wondering how the customer would have had to dress if his heated seats and steering wheel had stuck on? Padded laderhosen to go with the gloves??

wasnt me but might have been Leon :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Attachments

• img_1475_212.jpg
    img_1475_212.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 4,216
Chigster said:
Do you have any pics of the Install? I'd be interested in getting this. How did they get the power connected and is there a fuse that one can pull in case it gets stuck like Demort's example ?

C

There's nothing to see really only the switch on the side of the seat. The seats look and feel exactly the same as before.

Attachments

• 69620648_3be7_4c9f_b27e_e76331829553_204.jpeg
    69620648_3be7_4c9f_b27e_e76331829553_204.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4,092
Thanks for sharing. Am keen to get this done but it's a bit of a trek from London.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back