Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nice turbo

Indeed it does.. sensible money too given colour and mileage :thumb:

But what's that nonsense about the early ones being particularly collectible? Presumably on the basis of weight saving of not having a glovebox!

:D

I have always wonder why did they not have glovebox in the first gen? What was Porsche reason for this?

Probably because Porsche at the time were so skint that it was a choice between developing a glovebox and developing a decent cooling system for the NA 996 engine. :wack:

Robertb said:
Probably because Porsche at the time were so skint that it was a choice between developing a glovebox and developing a decent cooling system for the NA 996 engine. :wack:

That would make sense if the first cars had a glovebox.

MC

MisterCorn said:
Robertb said:

That would make sense if the first cars had a glovebox.

MC

:floor:

Maybe the introduction of a glovebox was by way of an apology... Somewhere to store the scored cylinder

Robertb said:
But what's that nonsense about the early ones being particularly collectible? Presumably on the basis of weight saving of not having a glovebox!

Complete nonsense, when I was looking it was widely acknowledged the 02+ facelift held a premium. Not sure if this still stands but the pre-02 certainly don't hold more value!

That said are the 01 backwards cars cheaper on tax? :?:

nice car at a good price imo - can't see the year making much difference now, and I've managed to live without a glovebox for 5 years so it can't be that bad :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahab
Back