Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Threaded wheel bolt

Nethers66

Tips/tricks welcome, I've 1 wheel bolt that won't undo, it does turn but then goes lose and tight again, I think it's cross threaded 😡

Any advice welcome for removal.

Thread is most certainly stripped.
They are a devil to get out.
Where are you? As you could get it to my factory and I may be able to do it.

Thanks for the offer Tobyone, bit of patience i managed to remove the bolt, threads flattened, may need to either helicoil or get a new hub now, as the hub thread is damaged, inevitable i guess.

Good to hear its out.
Well if your midlands way I will helicoil it for you for free :)
Or if not post me your hub.

Tobyone said:
Good to hear its out.

Great thanks for the offer, I might just take you up on it, i'm Leicestershire based M69/A5 so only 30/40 mins away.

Tobyone, thats a brilliant offer. This has to be the friendliest forum I have joined.

Tobyone said:
Good to hear its out.

Top man

Thank you chaps.

Always here to help.

Come to me when your discs need skimming :wink:

Nethers66 said:
Tobyone said:
Good to hear its out.

Great thanks for the offer, I might just take you up on it, i'm Leicestershire based M69/A5 so only 30/40 mins away.

Yes do.
If you want it coiling then with pop it in to me or post it.

Will give you my work address when you need it.

:friends: Friends...
Seriously though, what a nice gesture :thumb:

You don't get offers like that everyday. Superb offer just shows how good our forum members are

Nethers66 said:
Tobyone said:
Good to hear its out.

Usually its the bolt that is damaged but it leaves the swarf from the stripped thread blocking on the hub thread. It is unlikely to need a helicoil but worth using a tap and die set for teh replacement bolt to go in smoothly and not repeat the issue.

KurlyKris on here had this sort of issue and has a tap and die for this. He's closeby in Bedworth, perhaps drop him a PM.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdj
Back